xviii : disaster

(a/n: chapter contains some submissive hisoka)

A couple days went by, you were back at your hotel sitting on your bed and scrolling through your phone.
You were looking at flights to a jungle which was only a few hours away by plane. Your fingers tapped against your phone, swiping side to side to look at the pictures of nature and animals that other people had taken. You wanted to witness it all for yourself rather than looking at it all through a screen.

The tickets were tempting, and the price was decent as well.

It wasn't a part of your plan to become a Wildlife Hunter or anything of the sort. You also knew it wouldn't be so easy to just 'run away' from Hisoka Morow. You wanted to take the trip as a vacation because you were certain he wouldn't want to go with you. He would whine and complain about how boring it would be. So.. You wanted to go by yourself.

But, you weren't sure if Hisoka would let you.. You also weren't sure if you wanted to spend so much time away from him either. What was this strange hold he had on you? Why.. no.. How did you fall in love with the stupid partnership you got yourself into?
You put the idea of traveling on hold, not putting much more thought into the plan.

Hisoka was getting bored without you, but you insisted on having your own free time for a couple days and he complied.
He waited exactly for those couple days to pass before asking you where you were because he wanted to do things with you.
His long fingers tapped away on his phone before finding your contact, admiring the little picture of you next to your name. Without hesitation he pushed the call button, eager to hear your voice.

"Hello, (y/n)~" He purred, sending shivers down your spine.
"Hi. What do you want?"
"I was thinking about giving you a visit."

You were surprised he bothered to call you before coming. Typically, he'd just barge in without notice.

"Don't bother, I'm going out today. I'm free tomorrow though." You told him.
"I see. See you soon, butterfly." He ended the call, pulling the phone away from his ear.

He sighed dramatically, realizing his day had gotten a little bit more complicated. Still, he was determined to see you today.

You walked into a local arena, paying for a cheap ticket to watch some fights. There weren't many fans in the bleachers, despite how skilled the fighters were. You didn't know the details about the matches, but you also didn't care. You were only there to analyze any new techniques, ideas, abilities. Plus it was a way to get out of the hotel.
Your ticket let you stay and watch for a few matches which was a good deal. There were lots of Enhancers that came for matches, which made watching more interesting.

━━━ ♡♤♧♢ ━━━

It hadn't been long since you had arrived at the arena.
It wasn't difficult for Hisoka to find you, mostly because your aura was naturally more intense than anybody else's in the entire arena. How silly of you, not hiding your presence.

In your defense, you had no idea he was looking for you anyway.

He strut past you, his cologne automatically recognizable to your nose. You groaned, wishing he let you have another day alone.
He sat next to you, looking over to you with your face in your palms. He sighed contentedly, realizing how much he missed annoying you. Oh, how he missed your bloodlust flaring up when he bothered you.

"How did you find me?"
"It was easier than expected.." He said, then listed all the places you weren't found at. You couldn't believe he checked them all.
"It would be boring to be here alone, wouldn't it?" He said.
"I guess." You shrugged.