iii : gum

You couldn't say no.

He was a surprisingly persuasive man, and it came effortlessly to him; That or, he was just undeniably attractive.

You hated to seem like a pushover of any sort so you chose to act like saying yes was a bother.
Deep down though, you were just as excited as he was. You spent the rest of the day uselessly, with Hisoka's face or voice intruding your thoughts more often than you would've liked to admit.

To think that this feeling was 'love' would be insane.. Lust would be a more applicable description. You knew you wouldn't act on it though, lust is a waste of time for you. Especially when you reminded yourself of your plans to travel the world.

Then it hit you. You got distracted by all the drama with Rayn and his dead cousin (r.i.p.) and meeting some ridiculously attractive sadist magician.
The whole reason you met all of these people was to get your Hunter's License, to explore the world.

How could you have gotten so distracted?
You started looking at flights to some far-off jungles and rainforests, but your mind went back to Hisoka Morow.

Why?

When there's better people out there who would be available for a healthy, crime-free, happy relationship-- You still chose to let Hisoka fucking Morow roam free in your brain. To make matters worse, most of the time you imagined him, you chose to picture him shirtless.
Was there any harm in imagining? Fantasizing?

You couldn't just get up and on a plane and leave with unfinished business still here. Not yet at least.

━━━━━ ♡♤♧♢ ━━━━━

You woke yourself up with a hot shower, lathering up with the sweet-clean scented body wash. You made sure to put on lotion, and wash your face before leaving the bathroom.

Again you kept checking your phone waiting for Hisoka to send anything. You had some time before dinner with him, considering it was still morning. You got dressed and decided to go shopping for a new outfit at one of the local stores.
You didn't really have a particular outfit in mind but you knew you wanted something red. Maybe another red dress, considering he liked the last one.

"Red looks wonderful against your skin," Rang in your head. His words made your face soften, as you imagined him thinking you were attractive as you thought he was.
"It'd be nice if the feeling was mutual.."

Walking around the stores, nothing seems to pique your interest. You walked around, stopping to have a sandwich around lunchtime, until finally the perfect dress was right in front of you. The price tag made your eyes widen a bit, but you took it with you anyway.
When you tried it on you felt like a model. It wasn't skin tight but it hugged around your waist nicely enough to make you feel a boost of confidence. It showed just the right amount of skin on your chest, and displayed your legs beautifully. You took it off going back into your casual clothes to check the dress out.

"It's perfect.. I think he'll like it. Maybe even more than the last one."

You went back to your hotel room to get ready, smiling with your new dress in hand. Your phone buzzed..

Hisoka (7:16 P.M.)

8:30 at my hotel room, here's the address (**** ******) don't be late, flower ❤️-_-💧

(y/n) (7:20 P.M.)

k.

━━━━━ ♡♤♧♢ ━━━━━