16

I can't even hide it
I haven't stopped thinking 'bout
Your lips, mm, your lips, yeah
I'm losing my mind
It's been too long, I'm missin'
Your kiss, yeah, your kiss

~Grey (Why Don't We)~

I'll keep trying to win your heart

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Ahjussi?"

"Oh, Jennie," the 35 years old man turned to his side with a warm smile.

"It's already lunch. Why are you still here?" she asked the man who she already considered as her father.

"It's okay. I still have works to do," he smiled again. 

"Aish, don't tire yourself, ahjussi. Come, let's eat," she said while grabbing his arm.

"It's okay, Jendeukie," he insisted. She pouted.

"If you don't wanna eat, I don't want to," she was about to make her way to her room when Gong Yo held her hand.

"Aigoo, this little girl. Okay, let's go," she linked her arms to him walking outside the building to feel the warmth of a father.

It took 10 minutes with her car to the nearest restaurant. 

"How's ahjumma?" asked Jennie after they were done ordering.

"She's great. She said she miss you,"

"Aww, I miss her too. Well, I will visit you if I have time," within minutes, their orders already arrived.

Jennie's POV

'Should I tell him or not?'

"Jennie," I snapped out when he called.

"Ahjussi, I wanna tell you something," I said looking nervous. Dude, what's wrong with me.

"What is it?" he asked while munching his food.

"I'll get engaged tomorrow," I said but his reaction was nothing. "Oh, that's good. Who's that lucky guy?" he asked again.

"Kim Taehyung. In fact, he's my crush from high school..till now. But, he doesn't like me at all," my voice became lowered. It's just too hurt to say that. Gong Yo ahjussi put down the fork and looked at me.

"You just have to be patient. Soon, he will feel the same thing for you," he tried to convince me.

"But, he has a girlfriend already," I said making him laughed. I frowned and wondering, 'What's funny?'.

"It's just a GIRLFRIEND. Not like he already has a wife. Well, he will and it's you," he emphasized the word 'girlfriend'. For a second, I felt confident. 

"But, she can also be the one," 

"Ahjussi!!!" I whined. I slurped my strawberry smoothies. For this time, food really can ease your mind.

"Sweetheart, nothing really impossible in this world as long as you keep trying. We don't know yet who'll be the one for us but destiny already wrote our soulmates. Our works, just to find that person. If he's the one, then that's luck but if not you can't do anything. No one knows when or with who we can achieve our happiness together,"

His words made me blanked.

•••••
(After the engagement day)

Author's POV 

"I'm engaged," she sat at the counter while drinking some water, staring at the ring.

Ting tong

She looked at the clock. 'It's 8 pm. Who the heck is that?' she got up from the seat and went to the door. 

"Sorry, I don't order anything,"

"So, I look like a postman here," 

"Taehyung? What are you doing here?" without answering her question, he walked inside leaving her jaw dropped.

"Dude, you can't just burst into someone's house," she scolded him but it looked like an angry kitten for him.

"That someone house is my fiance's house,"

'Damn! Why is it so hot here?' her cheeks flushed a red color as she keeps fanned herself. 

A smirk appeared on his face. 'So cute...Stop it, Taehyung! You have a girlfriend,' he shooked his head.

He plopped himself on the couch, playing his phone when Jennie went to the kitchen preparing the drinks. That's when a notification popped out from Jennie's phone. Taehyung looked at the id but to his surprise, her wallpaper was him. He wanted to grab her phone when she came making him acted as nothing happened.

"Here," she put a glass of juice on the table in front of him which was he hummed in response.

Jennie took her phone and checked on the message.

Unknown number

Miss me, honey?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Why do I think my story is boring? Hmm... Sorry, guys.