10

I gave you my trust my heart and everything inside of me
Tell me how'd you pay me back? You made a fool out of me

~Lie To Me (Tate McRae) ~

Destiny brings us together. But one question.
Did your heart bring love to me?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Jennie's POV

"Oh, God!" I lean back to my chair while flipping my long hair. It's not because today is my first day working as an official CEO of Kim's Company here even I already worked in New Zealand before which is also my father's company but not as a CEO.

Jisoo unnie wanted us to meet Mr Kim's family tonight.
Duh! I don't even know them.

But, talking about the CEO thing. Actually, I'm really surprised that my father already assigned me as the CEO of Kim's Company in Korea.

Flashback

"Are you Miss Jennie Kim?" a guy who wore a completely black suit came to me when I arrived at the airport. He looked like a Korean. I looked at him doubtly but immediately nodded when he showed his identity card.

"I'm Mr Gong Yoo, your driver. Miss Jisoo asked me to bring you to your house," he said politely. My eyes blinked. My mind couldn't understand what was going on here. I wanted to ask but my mouth felt so heavy to open.

'Jisoo unnie? Since when she hired a driver? And a house? You're really something, unnie'

"I know this is so sudden but I will explain everything later," said the guy again with a smile plastered on his face. No, it's not an evil smile. It's a warm smile that reminds me of appa. I nodded and we walked towards the car. It's quite silent in the car when Mr Gong Yoo started to talk.

"How are your flight, miss?"

"Everything was fine. And ahjussi, please call me Jennie," I said trying not to be formal. He chuckled and nodded which made me miss appa even more. Then, I remembered that he wanted to explain everything.

"Urm, ahjussi. Can you tell me what's really happening now?" I asked. I don't know why but I felt really nervous inside.

"Actually, I worked for your dad as a secretary. Your dad, Chang Wook-ssi worked at Kim's Company in New Zealand before he worked as a policeman. He was really a dedicated person when it comes to work at the same time friendly. We were already close since our first met. But I didn't expect that your father wasn't interested to be a CEO. He just did that to fulfil your grandfather's wish. That's also when your father met Yoona-ssi, your mother. When it came to 3 years of him working as a CEO, he tried to persuade your grandpa to join the police squad. At first, your grandpa didn't want to let him because he needs someone who can run the company successfully but due to your father's passion, he finally agreed. Me and his wife always encourage him to achieve his dream even I'm sad to know that he will resign as a CEO. When your mother gave birth to you, he decided to assign you as a CEO when you reached 23 years old," she nodded like a child listening to her father's bedtime story.

"We always contacted each other although I didn't work as a secretary anymore but as a taxi driver. About the accident, I was the one of the witnesses and brought them to the hospital," his voice full of sadness nearly made my eyes tearing up just by remember the bad memory.

"We rushed to the emergency ward when suddenly your father said something. He wanted me to find a box. I was completely clueless but then I knew the reason,"