11 - The 'favour'

Diluc sat at the table across from you as you finished your food "Kaeya went to fill out some paperwork, he asked me to keep you company" he muttered.

"Oh" you nodded "well, that's very nice and all, but I can handle being without Kaeya" you joked.

"Can't we all?" Diluc chuckled in responce before looking over to the tavern door and then back at you "say, have you ever visited the Dawn Winery?"

You thought for a minute "I mean I've passed by it, I guess"

He shook his head "passing by doesn't show the true magnificent of the estate, allow me to take you there on a tour"

You frowned, confused by the sudden offer "but-"

"Please, I insist" he continued "I'll even let you sample some of our new wines"

It wasn't like you had anything better to do today, and you had just eaten so the only thing left for you to do would be to see if your body could handle more requests or go sit in your room until nightfall. After weighting out your options, a tour of the Dawn winery seemed quite pleasant. You stood from your seat "I'd like that, thanks Diluc"

He gave a small smile as he led you from the tavern, waving at a few of the other barmen to signal he was taking his leave for the night.

Evening was starting to set in as you reached the winery, Diluc taking you through the vineyard and talking about the history of the land and the different varieties of fruits that grew on the vines surrounding the estate. It reminded you vaguely of when Zhongli told you about the tales of Liyue.

Though, Diluc didnt quite have the eloquance for story telling that Zhongli did.

You admired the fruits, Diluc picking some to offer to you, most of the berries holding either a sweet or bitter flavour to them as Diluc explained why that was necessary to the production of exceptional wine.

After wandering leisurely through the vineyards, Diluc took you to the estate situated at the top of the land, the staff greeting him by the title of 'master', something you had heard him be referred to before but he inisted that you didn.t call him as such. Telling you at the time it was because he was sick of hearing Kaeya use it as a taunt and he really didn't want to hear it from more people that he would speak with frequently.

You stood still in the doorway, your eyes wide as you looked around the lavishly decorated entrance. Polished wooden floors and pillars containing odd, yet clearly expensive trinkets.

"Welcome home, Master Diluc" a maid greeted as you both entered the estate fully, she turned to you, giving you a politely smile and curtsy.

"Traveler, this is Adalinde, she is the headmaid here at my estate" Diluc introduced.

"Master Diluc rarely brings guests here, if you need anything then please call for me" she smiled. Diluc rolled his eyes at her comment and vague implication.

"Just friends" he muttered, adding "can you fetch us some of the latest dandelion wine? Ive promised them a tour and wine sampling, I would hate to go back on that promise now"

She grinned "of course, Master Diluc" she gave you a wink before rushing off to the cellars.

Diluc sighed "I apologise, she likes to think that every visitor I bring here is someone I intend to wed . . or bed . . not necessarily in that order"

You giggled "I don't mind, youre not my type anyway"

He chuckled lightly at your comment, glad that you weren't freaked out by his maids comments. He introduced you to a few more of the staff present, allowing you to explore at your own leisure as he simply walked beside you, giving you small tidbits of details and backstories to the objects you pointed out.