19 - Well thats, uh, new

AN - Quick side note, Ill happily fix any big gramatic errors that makes a sentence unreadable that you point out to me, but some of the small spelling mistakes that dont upset the way a sentence reads (other than just being spelled wrong) I dont notice and skip over, as you may have noticed with ~Dilcu~, which at this point is remaining unchanged as your comments on that chapter have me deceased.

-----

You followed as the group lead you to large crack at the base of a hill, Diluc entering first before assisting Amber and Noelle through the opening. Kaeya followed after, turning to offer you assistance as you climbed through, dropping a foot or two to the natural platform beneath.

You found yourself standing in a large cavern, with a fissue, similar to the one you and Diluc had viewed earlier, spread across the walls and ceilings in a web formation. At the centre, where the fissures hailed was a large hole with a large black misty mass hovering a few feet above the darkness below it.

"What the hell is that?" you muttered.

"We'd like to know that, too" Kaeya responded "we investigated it lightly when we found it and it doesn't appear to be hostile towards us" as Kaeya said this, he made his way to the floor, wandering close to the mass to demonstrate his words.

"How do you know its related to the strange activity?" you asked.

Diluc pointed to a few broken hillichurl masks and slime remenants that was scattered around "whatever it is, it imbues the nearby monsters with energy"

"It seems to make anything it touches stronger and more . . aggressive" Amber added.

"More or less" a voice called out. Childe was leaning on the wall by the entrance.

"Fatui?" Noelle asked, looking concerned.

"Ah, don't worry" Childe assured upon seeing the group tense "I'm not here to fight you, in fact I'm kind of interested to see if you can sort this thing out"

"So, this is of your doing?" Diluc asked.

Childe shrugged "it may or may not be Fatui business" he glanced towards you "though, I can't confirm either, you know, for diplomatic reasons"

"Alright, in that case, I won't confirm nor deny if I'll kill you" Diluc started, brandishing his weapon "you know, for diplomatic reasons"

Childe let out a laugh as Diluc lunged for him, Childe dodging his intial attack as Diluc chased him across the cavern, arrows bouncing off the walls as Childe fired return attacks to Dilucs swings.

"Are you going to stop them?" you asked, turning to Kaeya. He grinned as he shrugged, quite enjoying to inpromptu fight that was playing out before him. Noelle and Amber unsure of if they should interfer at all as they remained beside Kaeya, watching the situation unfold and keeping clear of rebounding arrows, stray swings and the hydro and pyro that was dancing between the two.

You sighed in annoyance before you grabbed at your sword "would you two cut it out?!" when you're shout received no reaction you threw your sword, catching the tail of Dilucs jacket as his attack was interrupted and he was pinned to the wall behind him. You then turned your attention quickly to Childe, who had an arrow primed and ready to fire "Childe!"

He glanced towards you, his expression bordering joyful. You held eye contact. After a few moments, Childe relaxed his bow, holding both of his hands up as a sign of retreat before he wandered over to Diluc, taking the sword that Diluc had manged to remove from his coat and tossing it back to you.

Diluc muttered something under his breath to Childe, though Childe simply responded with a smile before the two of them rejoined the group on the ground.

Amber spoke up "I'll go report this to the acting grand master"

"The fight? no one even gained a scratch-" Childe started in a whining tone.

"She means that thing" Diluc huffed, nodding towards the mass.

"I think it would be best if you stayed, Outrider" Kaeya called to her, the female frowning as surely it would be more beneficial for her to return to Mondstadt and alert the rest of the knights "I think we'll need you here, to deal with that"

You all turned to Kaeya, seeing him pointing to the opening you had entered through where several hillichurls were pushing their way through, with a Lawlachurl attempting to widen the entrance "as much as I hate to say it, I agree with Kaeya" Diluc sighed, his weapon readied.

"Stopping the lawlachurl is our priorty" Kaeya stated "Noelle, Amber, Diluc"

"Right" the three responded without question as they headed towards the lawlachurl, weapons and visions glowing ready.

Kaeya turned to you "can you handle the small fry?"

"Aye aye captain" you replied, setting your sights on the hillichurls that were making their way in.

Kaeya chuckled "thats cavalry captain, actually" before he joined the others.

Childe gradded your wrsit before you could move, his voice low as he said "don't interfer with the mass"

"What?"

"You agreed not to interefer with fatui business, and that happens to be fatui business" he reminded.

"But-" his hold tightened on your wrist to the point of hurting "-ah fine. I won't touch that thing, but I'm taking down the hillichurls"

He released your wrist, a smile returning to his lips as he playfully laughed "bet I can take them down first"

You frowned "doesn't that mean youre interfering with fatui business?"

"Please, they have nothing to do with it, hillichurls are just a collateral fair game. You scared I can take them down before you can, o/jou-chan?" he teased

You scoffed, circling your sword in your hand as you adjusted your grip "keep up if you can, harbinger"