13 - Mega Mitachurls

A pair of hands wrapped over your eyes, turning your vision to darkness. You let out a short annoyed sigh, what was up with this guy today? "Kaeya, what has gotten into you-?"

"It's funny . . I did this when we first met"

You froze, feeling your blood run cold at the familiar voice that definitely did not belong to Kaeya. Were you imaging things again? was this real?

You reached up, wrapping your hands around the ones covering your eyes, pulling them away so you could see again. Black gloved hands. Kaeya didn't wear these kind of gloves. His hands were warm. He was real.

You stood quickly, whipping around to see Childe standing behind you with a sheepish looking smile as he watched you.

"You really are here" you murmered out before heat flushed to your cheeks "oh no, then that means-" your hands flew to cover to you mouth as you released that kiss had been real and not a figment of your sleep deprived and heartbroken imagination as you had thought.

Childe chuckled as he rubbed at the back of his neck "heh, yeah, that was real" his boyish smile dropped for a moment as he remembered why he was here, sure that any moment he would feel the glare of the cryo wielder start to bore into the back of his head any minute "I know that you're probably confused but let me explain-"

"You think I'm confused?" you asked "Childe I'm- I'm furious with you" you watched as his expression cycled through several emotions, confusion, fear, concern, sadness before settling on something close to meloncholy acceptance "you played me for some kind of fool, you took me on dates, bought me clothes, kissed my cheek and held my hand, you took me to all of your favourite places, you- you poisoned the view I had on Liyue because everywhere reminded me of you and I suddenly felt like I didn't belong there because of that, and you think I'm confused?

"I never meant to hurt you" he spoke out the words softly.

"Riiiight, no, of course you didn;t. You just wanted a little fun, right? you just wanted to make your little fighting fantasy more interesting, fight for my heart and then stab through it on the battlefield . . but no, of course, you never meant to hurt me" you chided, your tone strict as you refused to give the man in front of you any lenience, even if it was hurting you to see him look so ashamed.

"Why did you cry?"

Childes question caught you of guard, his blue eyes staring into you as he awaited you to answer him. Was he serious right now?

"What?"

"When we fought, you cried when you told me you hated me . . why would you cry tears like that if you hated me?"

You let out a laugh of disbelief "that's what you want to know? why I cried during the moment that confirmed to me I meant absolutely nothing to you other than someone to cross blades with? you didn't even see me as a friend, at least that would've hurt less than the reality! . . but you're confused as to why I cried when I told you I hated you?"

"Yes"

You knew why you had cried back then, and it wasn't because you were hurt from the things he had done. In fact, it was almost the complete opposite, you cried because the things he had done weren't enough to make the words you spoke true, and the idea that you held this man higher than your self-worth was . . devestating. You had cried because you didn't hate him.

"Well because- it's- it's uh, because-"

Suddenly, Kaeya burst from the trees over to you both, almost knocking Childe over as he slammed into his back "have you kissed and made up yet?" he asked quickly, looking between the both of you frantically.