Chapter 12 - Rollercoaster of Emotions

I had another nightmare that night. I don't know if it was coincidence or a cruel joke played by the Nightmarionne, but it was about him again. The scene was laid out in front of me.

I was in a very old house. Similar to the one I had stayed in before I found the Fredbear location, but it was seemingly in more disrepair than that location. It was also very, very cold which contrasted the cozy warmth I had felt just a bit ago. The boards were decaying and the windows were somehow intact, but they were stained beyond visibility.

A stained rug was underneath my feet and I could feel the boards underneath its flimsy material. I took a step forward and carefully placed my foot, pressing my toes down first and then the rest of it. It didn't seem to make much of a sound. I lifted my other foot and took another step, and once again, it didn't make much sound. Figuring I was safe, I began to walk a little more confidently, but still wary of my surroundings.

There was barely any furniture in this place. Cobwebs were draped across the ceilings and hallways and into any hole they could cling to. I could tell they were sticking to me if I got too close, but I didn't care. I wasn't scared of spiders after all.

I continued along and came across what might have been a bedroom. It didn't look like one after all; it was decayed, no bed was present, and the only furniture in there was a rug and a bench near the window. I didn't even know if rugs counted as furniture. I could assume it was a bedroom because of its smaller size and the fact that there was an old, musty closet in there.

I looked behind me, checking if anyone was following me, and ventured into the room. I looked at the bench, the outside. It was a dark, lifeless void...was it just really dark outside or was I alone?

I touched the bench with my fingers, tracing the cracks and fissures in the material. I figured my time in here was done after finding nothing, and went to open the door.

I looked back at the closet, peering into its darkness and- wait.

Open the door?

I had never shut it when I entered. It was open; that's how I was able to look into the room. But clearly, as I stared at my obstacle, it was shut. I frowned in puzzlement.

I don't know why it was bothering me so much. Maybe I was subconsciously thinking that someone had closed the door? Entered the room with me? Or maybe it was just me forgetting about it? I tore through my thoughts, trying to find a logical answer.

I turned back, a feeling preventing me from going back out to that hallway. I sat down on the musty bed, beginning to think. Perhaps I was...

My thoughts trailed back to reality, and I quickly stood up and looked at the dirty, barely standing bed. It had not been there before, not at all. What was happening here? Clearly it wasn't me, but...what was it?

I suddenly felt very uneasy, if I hadn't before. I wandered back to the door, wanting to get out of this paradox of a room as soon as I could. But I stopped right as I grabbed the handle. I was frozen in place, my fingers curled tightly around the door knob.

It felt like something truly evil was on the other end of this door. Something that could swallow me whole. I couldn't go that way unless I wanted to be facing the entity that made me feel so afraid.

"Come here." A very low whisper commanded. It couldn't have been heard in normal circumstances, but due to the complete silence, it was audible. My core dropped as soon as I heard it, fear beginning to rise into me. I slowly turned to see if the room had changed.

Thankfully, it hadn't. But there was nothing there. I couldn't hear where it came from, but it's not like there were many places for whoever whispered that to hide. I scoured the room for possible hiding places.