Chapter 22 - Act

Spring Bonnie's and my eyes met. We both looked at each other for what felt like forever. He was still alive?! How?! I saw Shadow Freddy kill him with my own two eyes!

Spring Bonnie looked at me with confusion as well. He looked over me more than once and then eventually looked away, blinking rapidly. I didn't do the same.

"You're-you're alive!" I exclaimed. He looked back at me and nodded slowly, a small smile twitching the corners of his mouth.

"Barely. The Marionette oversaw my repairs, and the others acted as his hands. I'm still in a rough state, but I'm patched up enough to be alive." He explained. His smile then diminished.

"What...happened to you though?"

I frowned and looked over my body. I stared at the harsh edges, the wicked claws and felt my tongue run over my rows of sharp teeth.

"I...I don't know, exactly. The Nightmarionne wanted me in his ranks and he did...this...to me." I replied. Spring Bonnie looked at me with sadness and shook his head.

"He's a monster..." Spring Bonnie uttered. I nodded in solemn agreement. I looked down for a moment, then back up.

"How is the Marionette, by the way? You mentioned him earlier." I asked. Spring Bonnie smiled a little.

"He's been doing better. Not a hundred percent yet, but better." He replied. I nodded and clasped my hands together.

"You, Nightmare and I need to plan something to get Springtrap back. He's not doing well mentally, so we shouldn't waste too much time." I said. I wanted to just sit and chat with Spring Bonnie, but I knew that there were more pressing matters. He tapped his chin with his fingers and looked at the black bear standing behind me.

"Nightmare, do you have any ideas on what we should do?" He asked. I turned and faced the dark animatronic as well. He narrowed his red eyes and placed his forefinger and his thumb on his chin.

"The Nightmarionne will not take kindly to you escaping him, Ennard. And since you've become a Nightmare Animatronic as well, you're more susceptible to his influences. Especially since you'll have new...tendencies for violence." He explained. I felt my core get caught in my throat. Violent tendencies? I didn't feel violent at all, not at the moment at least. Nightmare continued.

"It would've been somewhat easier had you remained there. A double agent would be useful in this situation..." he mumbled. I felt annoyance rise in me.

"Well, forgive me for wanting to escape that lunatic." I grumbled sarcastically. Nightmare shot me a warning glance, and I quickly learned to swallow any more quips I had.

"I can't do much...but what if we were to create some way for you two to sneak in and get Springtrap outta there? Like, someone comes up with a distraction?" Spring Bonnie chimed in. Nightmare flicked his ear and rubbed his chin with his forefinger.

"That could work. But the Nightmarionne influences our minds. He could learn of this plan and everything would fall apart. No...we need to distract him in a way that would be too tantalizing for him to resist." He said.

"And what would that be?" I asked.

"Me." Nightmare replied. Spring Bonnie and I were in shock, and both of us began to cry out our interjections and oppositions, but Nightmare held up his hand to silence them.

"The Nightmarionne and I have a complicated history. He wants nothing more than to have me gone and you all under his control. I'm one of his main obstacles. I'm sure we could do something with that hatred and anger." He said. I furrowed my brow in thought. Nothing was coming to me...but...