𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

I woke up and lazily stood, I was sure that I should take a short nap but instead I ended up waking up late. The room was a bit big but not compared to my room back home. This place was comforting, I opened the shoji and there was a pond filled with koi fish.

I put on my zori sandals and go near the pond and find myself at peace when staring at the koi fish swimming freely at the pond.

I touched my hair and realized it was a total mess, I used my hand as a comb but it hurts.

"Y/n, Are you awake?" A voice coming from the other shoji. I'm pretty sure it was Uraume, I opened the other shoji and it was Uraume bringing a wooden tray with a pot of tea and a cup.

I let Uraume in the room and find ourselves now sitting.

"How was your nap?" Uraume questioned, "I'm sure it was great, you were mostly complaining about how hot it is in the broad daylight." Uraume continued and I laughed, It was really hot indeed but to arrive at the destination, I just have to force myself a little bit longer, but in the end, it was worth it. I kept sweating a lot and I was eager to dip in the water again.

But the thought of the encounter with Sukuna in the hot spring makes me cringe with embarrassment.

Uraume poured the tea into both cups and we take a sip, I was surprised by the taste. It was very more relaxing "This tea is very soothing to my nerves !" I exclaimed.

"I'm glad you like it, master sukuna also enjoyed my tea. But now he rarely drinks one, he preferred the Sake." Uraume mentioned I find it hard to believe that Sukuna drinks tea. He doesn't look like the type to drink tea, I snort at the thought.

"You seem to be quite loyaltot Sukuna, even for his grumpy attitude." I inquired "Well I owe Master Sukuna a lot ever since that day and I'm willing to sacrifice my life for him." Uraume's words surprised me, after hearing those words it makes me want to know more about their past between them.

Hours after we decided to look around inside of the old man mako's home, and I expected the home to be more decorated and well-designed but it turns out it was simple and old.

The house was not cleaned well, does this Natsume don't know how to clean but knows how to stay pretty?

We passed on the small dining room and we find Natsume preparing food and the old man mako sitting at a large table.

As soon as I saw what Natsume's preparing, I ooze in disgust. On the platter she was preparing, was a dish filled with dried leaves and alive worms. It was slimy and greenish, insects were coming out and dead rats were on the plate. I wanted to vomit on the horrible smell but I didn't want to show rude behavior in front of them.

Could she be a cursed spirit? But why couldn't I sense something strange to them? They look so normal, but if a cursed spirit takes form they couldn't change their appearance, what stays on them always stay and nothing is gonna change to it.

"I'm sure you're curious about Natsume, young lady." The Old man Mako chortled and I laughed nervously "Probably I am." I  plastered a forced smile.

"You see, I used created an accessory that has been already imbued with my cursed energy in it that could hide her true form."

It's possible, but only a talented person has the power enough to do that, Uraume once mentioned the Old man was a sorcerer.

"Would you like to sit with me, young lady? I would like to have a chat with you." The old man offered.

I gave Uraume a look and Uraume return me an reassuring smile 'Everything is fine' look.

The Old man gestured for Natsume and Uraume to leave and so they did, could it be something important?

I sat on the chair and patiently for the Old man to start a talk.

He hiccuped and I panicked, I pour a jug of waterinton the cup and quickly offered it to him. He quickly drank the water and now he sighed.

"I hate being old, it makes me more vulnerable and weak." The old man said in a hopeless tone.

Before I could say anything "Enough about being negative let's talk about you." He pointed his hands at me and I was confused.

"Did Sukuna give you a talisman?" He asked and I nodded "You know that talisman can't last long forever, your growth young lady can easily break that." He takes a bite of Natsume's prepared food on the table and the crunch makes me want to vomit "I already know that Sir, The household of my family keeps telling me that I bring trouble everywhere." I stated.

"So you're already aware. Tell me, do you come from a noble family?" The old man questioned "Yes, my father is strict a person and he doesn't want me to be outside for long and if I ever go outside to do an errand I always have an accompany beside me." I answered.

"May I know what family you come from?"

"I'm from the Sakurai Clan Sir, and my father Is Sakurai Tagashi head of the clan himself." The Old man widened his eyes after hearing my father's name and he grinned.

"Looks like your father did ruin the cycle by marrying a woman that shouldn't be married." I heard about it most of the elders talked about my father behind his back.

The elders describe my father as 'not fitted' to be the head of the clan.
"After giving birth to you, the curse is now placed on you. No wonder how you need to wear an accessory imbued with cursed energy, It's for protection for yourself and the safety of everyone." He added.

"The first head of the clan created a sacred tradition that every future family head should follow, they should marry a woman that comes from another noble family and its part of its requirement to give birth to a male child and it goes on until it considers as a cycle but my father married a peasant. And it ruined the tradition and the cycle and my mother give birth to a baby girl and now the curse was activated from the moment I was born." I explained.

He sipped on the cup and cleared his throat "Would you like to show me what Sukuna give you a type of talisman?" He asked and so I gave it. From the looks of it, he was interested in the carved symbol and the old man chuckled.

"Looks like he carved a powerful one." He muttered, "Would you like for me to redesign this and turn it into an accessory?" The old man offered and I smile and nodded.

"I'm sure you're already trained in  how to use jujutsu techniques."

"Of course I am."

"Your character is really intriguing... no wonder they spared you in the first place?" 

"What do you mean by that?"

"Nothing~ forget what I said young lady," he grinned.

The old man grinned at my response and continue eating the food at the table, and the rest of the situation we continue our conversation talking about some topics about how our life is going on.

I told Old man Mako how everything happened, including how I got myself to travel with Sukuna and Uraume. How I needed to return home to handle things.

"That's awful to hear." The old man gives a pitiful look and I sighed.

"I just need time to convince them that I needed to return, I had this thought lately that Naka might do something again to my father. Who knows, Naka might do secretly awful to him." I admitted.

"Well true, but honestly I never expect that Sukuna would bring a woman along with him." The old man wondered "What do you mean Sir?" I asked.

"Sukuna deeply hates women also children." The old man simply answered. Sukuna hates women? Is he a misogynist? If he hates women then he shouldn't bring me along with the travel.

"If he hates women then why does he seem okay about me tagging along in the travel?" The old man shrugged "Maybe sooner or later you'll find out, It's not my position to talk about Sukuna's reason, who knows he will open up to you perhaps." The old man sipped his tea "I should go, young lady, the old man needs rest." He added and give me a kind smile.

The old man stood up and left soon after. After that, I decided to go for a walk outside and wanted to feel the fresh air in the night sky.

End of Chapter 10