𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"Stupid Brat! You only make it worse!"

"Shut your mouth, I'm doing with all my best here!" I shouted, "As the Issei jumps out of water Uraume please use your techniques to freeze it!" I activated my technique to force the serpent to jump out of the water.

As the Issei jumped Uraume used an ice cursed technique that freezes the entire lake including the serpent. I use the chance and exorcised the serpent. Uraume unfreeze the lake and everything was back to normal, the fishermen can freely fish on the lake without harm coming on their way.

"If you only help, everything could make it easier." I argued, "Why would I bother helping, it looks weak."

Weak? Is that how he sees it, I almost drowned on that lake with a big serpent creature under the water and he just called it weak?

"T-thank you f-for all y-your help... We owe you a-alot." The old man bowed "Nothing is free old man, why don't you give me your lif-"

I covered Sukuna's mouth "What he meant is he need some supplies on our travel." I corrected and smiled "O-oh I-i see, well this t-town n-n-never r-runs out of goods." The old man ordered the other people to bring supplies enough for our travel.

Uraume decided to helped along and Sukuna yanked away from my arms. If he only helped everything could have gone way easier. My kimono is soaked wet, I frowned and wanted to change but I realize the spare kimono will be used once we arrived in the city.

Everything that happened today all started when a so-called 'bandits' stole our wagon and it leads us to this village, at the very first we were confused why they stole it when everything inside of their village was good in supplies and there's no problem with stealing it. I thought they would harm us next but they only did it because they're desperately in need of help and some travelers refused to help them.

Sukuna was annoyed and told Uraume "Just get the wagon, and if they refused kill them." I thought Sukuna was joking about it but I soon realize he wasn't, I accepted the villager's need and helped them. I pleaded with Uraume to help me out, at first Uraume was hesitant but have no choice but to help as well.

I convinced Uraume "If we help them maybe they can give us some good supplies enough for our travel." "As long as I can provide Master Sukuna's need then there's no problem." Uraume quickly agreed about it, Sukuna facepalmed. The village was near to a big and wide lake, and they told everything to us that happened.

A serpent on the lake is sleeping for years and an unknown reason, it woke up and start attacking some fishermen, and ate them. I believe the serpent woke up with hunger because it spent its years sleeping under the water and it longed for food so that it can fill its stomach. And now starting to attack some Fishermen trying to fish some fishes in the lake.

I thought Sukuna would help us along, but he didn't. He sat on a chair watching us above and Uraume and I were strategizing how to exorcise the spirit of the serpent longed for flesh and blood of the human.

I was annoyed because he didn't help along, and the two of us were in a course of action. Uraume investigated the other fishermen and they mentioned it only starts attacking in the afternoon. Uraume told me I should use a boat and stand where it attacks and force to wake it up, at first I disagree because it was too dangerous and quite risky. I told Uraume I could leap high but not higher enough.

Sukuna joked he wouldn't mind that I could be the next feast on the Issei but I threw him my zori sandals and hit it on his forehead, everyone gasp as my sandals hit his forehead.

"YOU BITCH!" He cursed.

"THAT'S FOR BEING AN ARSEHOLE!"

Later on, Uraume told me not to worry as soon as the Issei jumps out of the water it'll use its chance to freeze it with an ice cursed technique.

Even though I don't like being the idea that I should be the bait, but we have to finish this quickly. As the fishermen help me get on the boat, I was pretty scared because I'm not a good swimmer. Minutes later, I was in the middle of the lake and I start imagining myself that the serpent would swam under and destroy the boat and eat me alive, I shake my head on that thought and activated my cursed technique.

"Imaginary Technique: Illusory Attraction."

This can force the target to wake up, I don't know how deep the water is but this could run out my cursed energy quick. As I finished activating my technique I waited for the sign, things were getting quiet and the villagers were nervous.

Did my technique didn't reach the serpent? Should I try again, as I about to activate the serpent's tail whipped the boat and that's how I lost my balance and fall out the water.

I quickly hear the villagers gasp and panics, I was having trouble getting out of the water. I was under the water and I could see the white greenish scales of the serpent and yellow glowing eyes, eyeing in my direction. As soon as it swam fast towards me I activated another technique "Imaginary Technique: Lily of the Valley"

The serpent stopped and hurt itself, I used the opportunity to swim out of the water and climb on the boat. Uraume told me to wait a bit longer and I did so, I could see the blood of the serpent on the water.

The serpent is now angrier, it's trying to trap me. That's when Sukuna shouted that I only make things worse and I snapped at him to help us out. He refused and continued to watch.

It's rotating trying to trap me, I was getting impatient for a moment when it'll jump so I activated again the technique "Imaginary Technique: Illusory Attraction."

I told Uraume to ready and freeze it and so it did, the plan worked out. And that's what happened it all.

Some villagers arrived with Uraume holding some supplies and I helped to carry one and helped to place it on the wagon.

The villagers thanked us a couple of times and some kids were trying to make some flower crown and put it on my head. A young lady offered her thanks by giving me another kimono and offered to do a hairstyle on my hair, it was pretty embarrassing but I soon accepted it. Some women trying to swoon Sukuna over but Sukuna was giving this aura not to come and get closer to him, Uraume was having fun talking to the people.

An old woman approached me as to give her thanks, she suddenly stopped and feared me. "What's wrong with the old woman?" I asked, "That lady sees what others cannot see, she's the first person to warn the fishermen that there's a serpent sleeping under the water." The young lady explained.

As soon as I finished changing I soon approached the old woman and have a talk with her, It was quite awkward because of how quiet it is and the old woman keeps staring at me.

"What a terrible curse you have."

"Is it terrible?" I asked and she nodded she picked a strand of my hair and I flinched.

"Yes, it is. By the gods know what sin your father caused and broke the promise." I frowned and thought 'I already know that.'

"Young lady, you will face a terrible situation that you have to face both you and your lover." She declared.

"I don't have one, and who is this lover that you meant?" I questioned with eagerness to know who did she meant "For that, I can't tell. Even If I know who it is I cannot tell you. All I can see is that you face something terrible with your lover ." The old woman affirmed.

I frowned in distress and left in her small hut. I went near the wagon and sat on the ground and think about what the old woman meant.

"Brat, you'll get wrinkles if you frown like that," Sukuna said and lay on the wagon with an exasperated sigh.

"Since when do you care about me having wrinkles?" I stressed, "Still can't believe you didn't lend a hand to help us out." I added with a scoff.

While laying he turned his back and looking at me with a boring look.

"You're already strong enough, why should I lend a hand?"

End of Chapter 17

Issei: A Lake creature that Is similar to "Loch Ness Monster"