Recorder

"She thinks I'm cheating." I say to alex, who had been yelling at me for every detail. From pushing her away, to letting her go, but mostly for causing him to a rouse from his slumber.

"Well...are you?" He asks in his idiot tone.

"No! Why would I cheat u have no reason to! I'm not greedy enough to search for someone else when I have everything I could ever want in one person!"

"Then why wouldn't you-" I cut him off, not wanting to hear the rest of the question.

"I wasn't ready! The first time with someone is supposed to be passionate and full of lust and love. That only had lust and I knew we would regret it later and Wilmer had just left. She could have been thinking of him. I'm scared, Alex. What If I lost her." The anger and frustration burning through my eyes was replaced by tears of sadness as I rested my head in my hands that were propped up on my elbows on my knees.

"Tell her that!" He exclaims. "She will understand. I know it."

"I won't be able to. Just looking at her I get distracted. When she left, the look in her eyes, it broke me. I don't have the guts to say I'm afraid to her face."

"Then it's a good thing I know you as well as I do isn't it?"

I had no idea what he was talking about, but then I saw it. Sitting on the bookshelf next to us in the living room was a recorder. It heard everything I said. Every syllable, and definitely every shaky breath that had gradually increased as I thought about my fuck up. Alex may be a pain in the ass. But once in a while he has a good idea, but I can't deny it. I was still scared.

"What-what am I supposed to do with that?"

"If you can't say it, let her listen to this."

I got up and got my jacket. I want her back. I need her back. I grabbed the recorder and ran out the door, I think I know where her apartment is. When I got into my car I became a speed demon. Driving through the streets well over the speed limit. I don't care if I crash, she probably doesn't either.

The parking lot was nearly empty when I arrived. When I knocked on her door I realized she wouldn't open the door for me. I couldn't be me or I wouldn't even get a chance to explain myself.

"Who is it?" She asks. She sounded like she was crying. It killed me knowing I was why.

"I have a package to miss. Demi Lovato." I said in a extremely artificial mans voice.

"From who?"

"Uh, it says Wilmer Valderrama."

She opened the door and looked at me. She was angry but the pain in her red puffy eyes was unhidable for her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked pissed

"I came for you. I need to explain. I can't just pretend I don't care about you or that it doesn't bother me that you aren't happy."

She shook her head and went to close the door but I stuck my foot in to keep it open. She continued to glare at me for the next minute and told me to leave. I tried to tell her what I said earlier, but I can't. So I took the recorder out of my pocket and held it out to her. She took it and looked at it before directing her attention back to me.

"Are we done here?"

In response I took my foot out and she closed the door in my face. I didn't know what to do. I wasn't going home. That was me giving up. I won't give up on her. Not like this. So I ended up sliding my back down her door And leaning against it. And there I sat, for the rest of the night. Until I fell asleep with tears from past memories and the uncertain future dried on my face.
----------------------------------------------it's short but I did this in Spanish class. Don't judge. Vote and comment your thoughts and questions.
Questions for you:

Who is your favorite character?

What was your favorite part of this chapter?