Forgive & forget

I wake up when I hit my head on the floor of Demi's apartment because she opens her door. Which is were I fell asleep.

Her eyes were puffy and red from crying, dried tear stains on her cheeks.

I rub my head with my hand and squint my eyes to adjust to the light of her apartment. When my eyes fully focus, Demi's hand is offering to help me up. I slowly take it, confused. She pulls me up and we face each other, me outside in the hallway and her just inside her apartment. We don't talk, just stare at each other. Suddenly she grabs me by my waist and pulls me into a tight hug. For a second it's quiet, but then heavy, quiet sobs escape her lips. I grip tighter onto her and just let her let it out. Her mouth is open and her nose is running onto my shoulder, but I don't care, at least I have her back.

"I'm so sorry." She chokes out.

"It's ok. I shouldn't have been so reluctant." I say rubbing her back

"That might have helped." Demi laughs thickly through the lump in her throat.

I pull Demi as close as I can and lead myself and her to the couch after closing the door. She cries really hard for about 15 minutes before she slows down enough to nudge her to talk a little.

"Want to explain the sudden change of heart?"

"The-the recorder. I should have known you were scared. I'm sorry. I- I was being impulsive and I agree. It should be special. And for the record" she pauses before continuing. "I barely think of Wilmer anymore, now that I have you taking up all the memory in my head. I talked to him so much because I knew that I wouldn't be doing that as often because I'll be busy."

She leans in and lands a soft kiss on my lips. It slowly deepens and I slowly slip back so the kiss doesn't get too heated.

"When you said goodbye, was that also for.." I say letting my voice trail off.

"I wouldn't give up on us that easy. I was upset and I just needed some space."

Demi lays her head on the arm rest across from me. Her back rests on my lap and my fingers run through her
Hair.

When I wake up the next morning, exactly the same way I was positioned when I fell asleep. Demi, on the other hand, was straddling me with her arms around her neck. With no shirt or pants on.

"Morning baby." Demi says, breaking my thoughts.

"Um..can you explain why your missing clothes?"

"Sleep strip?" She suggests.

"Yeah, ok."

"Ahem." A cough from behind announces the owners presents.

"Hi Marisa."
----------------------------------------------short but it's something. Vote and comment.

Questions:

What will Marisa's reaction be?

Will Wilmer come back?