{59}

Chapter {59}

Emrys Belle:

Damon and I stepped into the room after putting the little ones down for a nap. Our lunch meal had gone without a scratch, but the little ones were all getting grumpy for being up so long and having a run around the mansion gardens while we were taking photos. Thankfully this Maison had a lot of rooms for us to use during the day.

I stepped through the door of this suite. The room was absolutely beautiful. As you walk in you are met with a small sitting room, and by small I mean actually quite big but small in comparison to the Mortimer residence. There were two doors in the room, one that led to the master bedroom and the other to the bathroom suit. There were these big glass doors leading to a balcony, the windows taking up most of the wall.

I stepped closer to the windows to have a look at the view while Damon shut the door. He soon came up behind me, holding me close to his chest while he laid his chin on my shoulder. Both of us enjoying the view of the surrounding gardens, the sun shining high still though the afternoon was reaching its peak.

"You're all mine now. Can't backtrack now." He whispered in my ear making the hairs on my next stand up.

"Can't get rid of me either, I hope you realise." I played along.

"I would never want to get rid of you. You're a Mortimer now, only way out is death." Damon spoke back.

"Way to dampen the mood Damon." I joked pulling away.

I looked over my shoulder before I made it to the bedroom door. A mischievous idea crossing my mind.

"We have a bit of time on our hands before we have to meet the others." I dragged giving a suggestive look towards Damon.

His head suddenly perked up knowing exactly what I was referring to.

"Would be a shame to not put this time to good use." I smirked, tugging down the zipper of my dress.

Damon's eyes following my every move. Hunger swimming in his eyes.

"Say no more baby girl." He all but growled, pulling his jacket off his shoulders and loosening his tie.

With one last look, Damon pounced on me, chucking me onto his shoulder the second my dress hit the floor. I let out a playful shriek letting him carry me to the bed to 'kill time'.

I was laying in Damon's arms, enjoying these last few moments before I had to slip into my second dress of the day when I heard a light noise coming from the living room. I knew it wasn't anyone in the family since they were just chilling downstairs while we waited for the tables to be set and the kids to be awake.

Damon was taking a little snooze so I unhooked myself from his stronghold and quickly unzipped my second dress and with a little struggle managed to zip it up halfway, my arms being too short to pull it to the top. But at that moment I thought it would do.

I reached over the little ornate dagger that Everleigh had gifted me this morning 'just in case'. I walked over to the bedroom door as quietly as I could and tried to peek to see who was in the room.

Not seeing anything I decided to step out of the room to take a closer look. As I stepped out something caught my attention and I heard that same noise as I did earlier.

"Jeremy?" I whispered to myself in confusion as I saw him by the glass doors that led to the balcony.

There he was, just standing there trying to pick the lock on the door. I rushed to the door to open it and stop Jeremy from waking Damon up. I do not want to have my wedding dressed stained in blood because Damon decided to murder my ex on my wedding day.