{7}

Damon Mortimer:

I sat in my office, twirling in my chair not knowing what to do with myself. I was waiting for Pablo to bring me back the information that I wanted.

Since I left the hospital, all I could think about was the doctor there, Doctor Belle. And every time I think about that Bozzo that laid his hands on her in a disrespectful manner I want to kill him. I probably should.

Pablo burst into my office being the dramatic idiot he is followed by his girlfriend who just rolled her eyes at his behaviour.

"Do you have what I asked for?" I questioned him standing up and getting the papers out of his hand.

"Yes, I did." He replied cockily wrapping his arm around Leila.

I grabbed my coat and rushed out of my office ignoring both of them and headed straight to my car and drove to my destination.

I was parked near the apartment complex of where Doctor Belle lived. I had discovered quite a few things from the file that Pablo had given me. I knew her full name, Emrys Sarah Belle, twenty-five-year-old single mum, born and raised in New-jersey and is in her last year of medical school in NYU.

I sighed and got my shit together before stepping out of the car and heading for her building. I was going to ask her out on a date and I wanted to make sure she was alright after what happened on Friday. If I learnt that the prick that decided to touch her did it again or something worse I would qualify that as a good enough excuse to send him "missing" as mum would say.

I got let in my a lovely old lady in the building who needed help with her groceries, I happily obliged and got away in asking her where Emrys lived.

"Third floor, apartment 20b." the old lady smiled my way after I thanked her and ran off to Emrys' apartment.

I was now in front of her door, knocking then waiting for her to answer. Once I realised that it was one o'clock in the afternoon did I realise that she was probably still at work. I was about to leave when the door shot open revealing her in tight blue jeans, a hoodie and tank top that let me have a decent view of her rack, not that I was ogling her.

"Mr Mortimer?" she asked confused by my presence.

"Please call me Damon," I smirked and tried to step in but she stopped me.

"What are you doing here?" she asked not amused by my charm.

I took a minute to evaluate her body language and actually take a look at her. She looked tired, upset, stressed and not in the mood to deal with me. My whole demeanour changed.

"Are you alright?" I asked concerned and she seemed taken back by my question.

"What?" her voice became a whisper.

"Are you ok? You don't look fine." I continued.

Her eyes were glossed over and she just stared at me with her blue eyes.

"I got fired today because of you and now you show up out of nowhere and ask if I'm alright? Who the hell do you think you are?" she yelled back.

"You got fired?" I asked to which she just scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Yes, I got fired. They fired me because of so-called negligence on my behalf, I was also accused of having a relationship with a patient, i.e you. And now I have no job and a million thing to pay off." She rushed out and ended up in tears covering her face with her hands.

I stepped fully into her apartment and closed the door before engulfing her into my arms in a protective embrace.

"Shhh, Hey I'm here. I'll help out and we'll find a solution." I ranted holding her close to my chest.