{40}

Chapter {40}

Emrys Belle:

"Emrys! It's time to go my parents are here now and so is Rose and her lot!" Damon yelled for me at the bottom of the stairs.

"Coming!" I shouted back making sure I had all of our things packed and ready to go.

I picked up my bag and Aj's getting a scowl from Damon as I made my way down the stairs.

"What did I say about you carrying stuff. I don't want you to hurt the baby." Damon spoke sternly then proceeded to take the bags away from me.

"Damon, I can still carry a bag. They weren't even that heavy." I rolled my eyes but let him take them.

He then walked off mumbling about how I shouldn't be carrying stuff and other profanities.

"Don't worry Honey. His father was the same at each of my pregnancies. Granted I was up to a lot more trouble than you are." Everleigh came beside me and swung one of her arms over my shoulder.

Telling the rest of the Mortimers I was expecting was a lot more emotional than I had thought it would be. Everyone started crying and I mean every one. I didn't do anything fancy at all. We waited a few days with Damon to announce it and let things take their normal route again. I wanted to have my first sonogram and make sure that all was well with the baby before announcing it. I was coming up to the end of my first trimester so I thought it would be the perfect time to announce it.

It was Aj's birthday so all the family was around at Damon's parents' house. Everleigh sure does like to throw a party. Anyways, we had a barbeque, all the kids were playing together more or less. Aj did stay a lot by himself as there were quite a few kids running around and he only really gets along with Luke.

The candles were blown out, the cake was cut and everyone was around the table chatting and having a good time when Damon thought it was a good time to make a speech.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting at the table with Rose to my right holding little Leora who was now five months old. She is such a pretty little girl with her mother's bright blue eyes but her daddy's smile. Damon stood up, scraping his chair in the process catching everyone's attention while he gently tapped his glass with a spoon.

"Can I have everyone's attention for a moment?" he started letting the chatter come down, only the sound of the kids talking to themselves could be heard.

"I would like to start by thanking everyone here for coming today and for all the gifts you have gotten for Aj. I know he doesn't say much but he is very happy about his presents and is happy that you could all be here for him." he took a deep breath before continuing.

"I can't believe he is four now even if I have known him for a short time he is my son and always will be. I love you Aj and always will. I know I am new to this whole dad thing but I will learn along the way and I have my beautiful future wife by my side to guide the way." Damon smiled tenderly my way making my heart flutter.

"We are not only celebrating Aj's birthday today but also the celebration of a new family member." he continued pointing his glass in my direction.

I just gave everyone a big smile and rubbed my hands over my small baby bump.

"I'm pregnant." I cheered making the table erupt.

"I knew it! Paul you owe me money!" Everleigh yelled before she marched her way towards me and hugged me.

Congratulations came from all over the place, tears from everyone but specifically Paul who took me in his arms to whisper into my ear.