{60}

Chapter {60}

Emrys Belle:

Damon tugged me out of the room leading us to this ornate hall. Kendyn was carrying Leora in his arms with Luke clinging to his leg while Wolf had Aurora in his arms and a still tired Aj standing next to him alongside Wolf's boys.

"Everything alright here?" I questioned a little surprised that nor Rose or Leigh were here to wake the kids up.

"All is alright, mum and Ro are dealing with your mum, sister and step dad at the moment. Kendyn and I just legged it, seemed to get pretty heated." Wolf confessed giving my daughter to her eagerly waiting father.

"Steven is here? He wasn't invited." I sighed frustrated.

That is the one thing I asked of my mother was to not bring him and she promised she wouldn't. She promised me a lot of things for this wedding but I guess I should have taken the hint when she didn't show up to my ceremony.

I walked off in a huff trying to find the ballroom and left all the boys and kids where they were wanting to sort this mess out before there was blood on the walls.

I could hear elevated voices coming from one of the side corridors just before the main hall where all the dancing and rest of the tables for the guest were.

I could see my sister cowering away behind my mother while Steven was seemingly trying to argue his way in with Mr and Mrs Mortimer.

"What is going on here?" I decided to make my presence known to the small crowd that had now gathered.

"Tell these people that I'm allowed in. I am family." Steven demanded.

"No." I simply answered.

What is it with these men in my life deciding that today of all days is the time to make a scene.

"No?" he enquired, his demenor changing drastically.

"I said no. You were not invented. I specifically asked my mother for this favour." I stated matching his posture. I could see the little smirk at the corner of Asher's lips.

"Emrys, honey, please don't make a scene and let us in. Sorry we're late." my mother decided to speak up to calm the air.

"Me? Make a scene? You are the ones crashing my wedding. And late? Really? This is not late, this is taking the piss." I shot back at my mum knowing that I had hurt her but I needed my mum with me on my wedding day and she couldn't even do that.

"If you are going to keep arguing with the Mortimers and I than you have no place here. Mia can stay if she so wishes as I'm pretty sure she had nothing to do with this." I send a tender look towards Mia because I knew that if it were up to her she would have been by my side at the alter.

A small silence fell in the air, Everleigh and Asher standing their ground not wanting to interfere and let me speak.

"So? Are you leaving or do we need to escort you off these premises?" I crossed my arms over my chest, staring Steve down.

There was a glint of malice in his eyes and I knew that I was really pushing my luck because I would never normally stand up to this man for my mother's and Mia's sake but today I felt empowered. I was now a Mortimer and Mortimers do not sit back and take the hits, they strike first.

Steve's resolve faltered and Asher's glare certainly helped move things along.

"I'm sorry Ems. For everything." my mum carefully whispered out as she reached out for my hand as a sign of peace.

I gracefully squeezed her hand, eventhough I am mad and severely disappointed in her behaviour I know deep down that Steven is a very cunning and controlling man. I want to hate my mother but she is still my mother despite all the mistakes and laps in judgement she has had over the years towards me.