{35}

Chapter {35}

Damon Mortimer:

"Okay, I have the whiskey, Dad's on his way. The book is out and I have a notepad and a pen." Carter ran through all we had as he sat down in front of me on the opposite sofa.

I poured glasses for Wolf, Carter, Kendyn, Ryder, Alex and I and a spare for when dad came.

"Hello, my boys. So what's brewing?" Dad sang as he made his way into my office.

"We have a code 12 on our hands," Wolf announced.

"Oh damn. Got the whiskey?" I nodded and handed him a glass.

He sat down next to me and patted my shoulder.

"Did you have a look in the book? Do you have an idea on the shape? Stone? Or anything?" dad asked getting straight into the subject.

"I honestly have no clue. I'm panicking. I don't know where to start or what to do. I didn't ask anyone for her hand in marriage and I feel so bad about that, can I ask you, dad? Can I marry Emrys?" I ran my hands together begging my father with my eyes.

"I give you my blessing but you know that I am not the only man in her life that you need to approval from. You need Ray's, Paul's, Adam's and most importantly Aj." Dad patted my shoulder again.

I nodded my head and took a deep breath.

"Let's do this before you chicken out." Alex moaned like the idiot he is but he was right.

"Okay. Let's start with silver or gold then we will think about stones and shapes." Carter started and opened the book.

"I think gold. Gold will look nice." I commented.

"You sure?" Kendyn asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure," I said in a duh tone.

"Well, I have personally never seen her wear gold jewellery so I doubt she would want a golden ring," Ken stated and he made a fair point.

"So silver it is then," I concluded.

"How about white gold?" Alex piped up, lifting his head from the book and pointed to what he was referring to then showing me the book.

"Oh my god, why does this have to be so complicated!" I sighed in frustration.

"It's fine. We will go through this with you. We will just need a bit more whiskey. Wolf, call your mother and tell her I won't be home for dinner tonight. This is going to take a while." Dad asked Wolfgang.

"Oh! Did you tell mum you were doing this?" Carter questioned.

"Mum! Oh fuck I forgot!" I groaned.

Dad starting chuckling.

"Good luck," he said with a laugh.

"Gee, thanks dad for making me feel a lot better about this. I'm shitting myself here." I snapped.

"You have so much to learn." Dad smiled and took another sip of his drink.

*******************

Emrys Belle:

"Dr Belle, we have a new consult for you. Also, there is an issue with a patient on the third floor that needs your attention." One of the nurses was telling me as she walked by my side down the corridor as I read through the clipboard going into a new consult down in the emergency room.

"Alright. Tell the unit on the third floor that I'll be on my way after my consults, send me their vitals and if anything changes page me." I instructed heading into the emergency room.