Chapter 16.3

Author Note:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read the Legend of the Firewalker on Wattpad! Thank you so much for your support and for voting! 

More information is available at www.legendofthefirewalker.com or through Facebook at facebook.com/stevebevilwriting.

————————————-

Chapter 16.3

Malick's eyes carefully studied Nathan's face. "That's an interesting question," he said. "Why are you asking that?"

Nathan hesitated. "In my dream," he said, "after Lafonda died ... something else happened."

Malick looked on curiously, "What?"

"In my dream," said Nathan, "a blue flame came out of my hand, and I am pretty sure it wasn't just a dream because when I awoke, the foot of my bed was on fire."

Malick had a blank look on his face. Slowly, he sat down on one of the logs again. "Are you saying you set the bed on fire with like a book of matches?"

Nathan rolled his eyes. "No!" he protested.

Malick continued to look on skeptically.

"I admit I wasn't sure myself at first, but I know that fire came from out of my hand," Nathan said.

"Maybe you just don't remember setting the fire," Malick said doubtfully.

"The fire was blue!"

Malick lowered his head. "This can't be true," he said, underneath his breath. "I mean what are the odds? This has to be next to impossible!" He looked into Nathan's longing and inquisitive face. "But if what you are saying is true ..." He sat in contemplation for a moment. Then he softly bit his lip before abruptly springing to his feet. "This just keeps getting worse!" he grumbled.

"What?" asked Nathan eagerly. "What is it? I mean, why is it impossible?"

Malick shook his head. He appeared slightly gloomy. "You sure are racking it up in the gifts department," he said.

"So fire is a form of Pneuma Novo?" asked Nathan. 

"Yes," answered Malick. "Not only is it a form of Pneuma Novo, it's the rarest one there is." Malick began to pace around the fire pit. "There is only one person ever known to manipulate Pneuma into fire, Nathan," he said. "And the story about that person sounds more like something you would tell around a campfire or read in a fairy tale."

"So what does this mean? Am I in danger?"

Malick faked a chuckle. "More than you apparently already are?"

Nathan didn't look amused.

Malick slowly nodded. "Yes," he said, "you are in more danger than I first realized." 

Nathan grew silent. His thoughts were racing and he felt overwhelmed. He didn't know where to start or what to do. First Leah was in danger, then his friends, and now he was too.

"Have you used your ability since the dream?" asked Malick.

"No," answered Nathan slowly. He paused. "But then again — well, technically, yes."

Malick looked confused. "You mean today, when you produced an energy ball to hit that wood bin?"

"Right, but not exactly," Nathan said. "The other day I used my ability to produce an energy ball to protect myself and Jonas from these creatures."