Part Twelve

Part 12

Salt In Our Wounds

Villes POV

I woke up from my dream in a panic, sitting up and looking around frantically. I looked  beside me and relaxed at Cheyenne sleeping soundly; lightly snoring giving me the sign that I wanted. She was alive.

I got up and headed to the bathroom, splashed cool water on my face and used the toilet. I still couldn't go back to sleep so I paced around the room; going through the dream once again in my head. I sighed, stopped pacing, and ran my  fingers through my hair pinching the bridge of my nose before looking over at the desk. On the desk was Cheyenne's open journal laid with words that I couldn't yet read. I walked closer and picked it up, reading the words that were scribbled in the page.

'Everything I ever loved is gone, everything I ever wanted slipped away from me, darling you are what I love, and now you are wasting away. Can't you see With our souls so cold they blend into the perfect melody'

I cocked an eyebrow at the poem, I could tell that she just wrote the last part; because it was written in a different color ink from a pen she probably just found. The earlier lines that were  written in pencil. I read through the lines a few more times, memorizing them before crawling back into bed and wrapping my arms around Cheyenne, nuzzling her neck making her wake up but with a smile on her face. "With our souls so cold they blend into the perfect melody..." I whispered into her ear, making her eyes grow wide and turn to look at me "you read my Journal?" she whispered. I nodded and laughed and when I laughed I found a pillow come in contact with my face. "Jackass" She whispered before turning back over and falling back asleep.

I woke up again to Cheyenne pulling away from my arms as she got out of bed. I groaned and rolled on my stomach pulling my pillow over my head. I heard Cheyenne giggle. "What?" I asked, trying to hold in my laugh as the pillow slid off my face as I turned my head to her.

"Nothing." She giggled and playfully rolled her eyes as she got back on the bed just to roll next to me. I slid an arm behind her pulling her closer. She watched me carefully, studying my eyes that still felt heavy . "what was your nightmare about last night?" she asked, sitting up and grabbing  my hand and started playing with my fingers. "It was about you Angel." I admitted as I pulled her face to me and kissed her head softly, when I pulled away she laid back down resting her head on my chest. I knew she was just waiting for me to give her more details about the nightmare. "I dreamt that I lost you, that you died  in my arms. It terrified me." My voice cracked and hit a whisper as It still scared me to even think about losing her. She looked at me and sighed, a small reassuring smile hung on her lips. "go take a shower, I'll go put on some coffee." She whispered and rolled over me and got off the bed heading out the door. 

"Hey Love." I called to her. "yeah.." she patted her way back, poking her head through the doorway "I'm sorry I read your Journal, I only read what was open... if that helps my case any" I smirked at her. "You're still a jackass, but its okay." She smirked back and went back down the stairs.

Cheyenne's P.O.V.

Walking out of the room and heading to the kitchen I saw Janne passed out on the couch, I guess the boys never came and got him last night, they probably got to drunk last night and just went back to the hotel.

I started the coffee pot and jumped up on the counter looking out the window. It was a beautiful day out, maybe Ville and I could sneak out later for a walk together seeing as most of the band was going to be in bed with hangovers and having conversations with toilets.

I was lost in my thoughts about everything that has happened in my life: Ville coming in and just about saving me from myself and my family, Janne coming back and the rest of the boys from the band coming to me and adopting me as one of their own. I have never had friends like Migé, Linde, and Gas, and I'm glad I could call them that.

I came back from my mind to the sound of the water from Ville's shower turning off, and the coffee pot beeping telling me that the coffee was done. I jumped down and reached up to grabbed a coffee cup and made my coffee, I couldn't take a sip of it though because I was being distracted by the sight at a tattooed arm slither around my waist.

"Kulta..." he purred into my ear; I giggled as my face turned red as I turned around to face him. "Am I ever going to have my first sip of coffee before you come up and distract me?" I giggled and stood on my toes to his kiss nose, he wiggled it when I pulled away and rolled his eyes up, pretending like he was thinking. "No love, probably not" he laughed and put his other arm around my wait and pulled me close, holding me tight as he kissed me.