Part 24

Villes POV

I knew Cheyenne never liked jails she always turned away if we passed one and fiddle with her thumbs or tap on the window with her finger nails. Yet it wasn't those nervous ticks that showed me that she didn't like them, it was the look in her eyes when she would turn away and I could see her face; years of sadness and disappointment, showed enough through to show the most oblivious person that she was in pain. I only wondered how she would hold herself going into the jail to ether get her parents out, or to turn them in further to the police to get them put away for a long time.

The cabbie stopped in front of the jail, unlocked the door before turning around to us.
"would you like me to wait?" he asked, he seemed find with waiting so I just nodded before getting out, Cheyenne was already out tapping her finger to her lip, in thought.
"Do you know what you are going to do?" I asked her taking her hand in mine as we slowly started for the door. She shrugged her shoulders and shook her head, still trying to figure it out herself but replied with "I will figure it out when I see them; I always do..." I grabbed the door for her, holding it open as she walked through, smiling as a thanks and heading for the front desk.
"may I help you?" said the young, mid-twenties, light brown hair with eyes as dark as night said, standing up and looking at the two of us, Cheyenne in her hoodie when it was so hot out and I in my shirt and jeans, and our fingers interlocked with each other.
"I got a call from my parents.. They are both supposed to be here for drug possession.." She said vary calmly, like she's done it thousands of times; probably because she has, her face and her torso were all normal, calm but no one noticed the intense shaking her hand was doing, or how hard her grip was on my hand.
"Are you here to talk to the detectives handling the case or are you here to see them?" he asked typing a few things down on his computer, "and sorry what is their last names and I'll need a form of identification for you ma'am" he added, she pulled out from her hoodie pocket her license and handed it to him "our last names are the same" She answered, and stuffed her ID back in her pocket when he handed it back. "So Paul and June Green are your parents?" he asked looking up at Cheyenne who's head was down in thought "Yup." She replied, lifting her head and popping the 'p'
"Well.. The detective in charge of their case would like to talk to you as well. So I can let you see them for a few brief moments, but then you must talk to detective Poth." The young man said getting up from behind his desk and started heading down the long hallway, and taking a left where you could see through the one way mirror a large room with small cells and a table.
"they are both in here, you may walk in ma'am but sir I am afraid you must stay out here with me." He exclaimed, and I was going to argue say that she needed me that she wasn't ready for this but Cheyenne gave me a look. A look that said a few things, she didn't want me to fight the with officer she wanted to go in herself, but along with that, deeper in her eyes I saw a childhood of sadness and things being taken away when they should have always been part of her life.
She knew that she had to do this, and that she had always wanted to do it, this would be one of the first and only chances she would get to stand up to her parents without punishment and not just bail them out like she always had, this was her one chance to move on from her parents.
So she opened the door and walked in by herself