Chapter Twenty

Riley's POV

Its been about a week since Jack asked me to be his girlfriend, and honestly nothing has changed. We used to always act like a couple anyways, it's just now official. I still love him all the same, I even get those flutters in my stomach whenever I see him. And his smile can brighten any day, good or bad. He's just perfect. 

A knock on the door startles me out of my trance and I tell the person to come in. It was my mom.

"Honey, me and your dad are gonna be out tonight, alright," she says.

"Yeah, sure, whatever," I say, still looking down at my unfinished homework.

Her heels click the wooden floor and my door sqeeks as she closes it shut. "It's not like you're gone every other night," I mumble. I put my pencil down on the desk and turn in my swivel chair. I'll finish homework tomorrow during my free period.

But for now, I'll take a nap.

Jack's POV

*one month later*

I asked Riley if she wanted to hang out after school, but she declined. She said she had plans to hang out with Lilly. She always has an excuse. She always has an excuse. Either it be she has to go to the grocery store, or she already had plans, but she always finds a way around my plans.

Around me.

Am I doing something wrong? I mean, I try my best at being a good boyfriend, but the last time I loved someone, they broke me then ran to some other guy like he was some kind of hero. Like I was the bad guy.

But Riley is different. She wouldn't leave me. Well at least not now she won't, but the time will come where I'm not good enough and I'll lose her.

Unless I've already lost her.

What if she's hanging around with some other guy? Like Jake? Oh my fuck she could be ditching me for Jake. I know Jake is still obsessed with her, but she's mine. I can't compete with Jake, the last time I did Riley found me. I still have a scar.

I have to know if she's still hanging out with Jake, or anyone for that matter. She makes me happy, and I need someone like her. That sounds selfish, but she's my sunshine – no. She's my moon light because she helped me through the dark. My moon light, and only mine.

After school one day I will follow her home (in the most un-creepy way, of course) and see what she's up to. I trust her, but I gotta know. I'm already too attached to her.  

Later this week I will follow her.

Riley's POV

Jake keeps bugging me again. I know he still likes me, but I love somebody else. I will never go back to him anyways. I didn't love him the way I love Jack.

Jake responds and says that he wants to talk about some stuff. I do not. I feel bad for not talking to him though. All he wants is a civilled conversation, and so do I. I need to get some stuff out too. Maybe it is good to talk to him?

I text him back

Okay we'll meet later this week

<><><>

Hey

sry I haven't updated in a while :( I've been dealing with a bunch of stuff

And sry if this chapter skips around a lot oops deal with it

But yeeaaaahhh

How are you all? I never ask how you guys are so how are you?

I'll see ya lil shits later lol I'll try to update more xD

Byyeee :p