Chapter Twenty One

Riley's POV

I make my way out of the school, taking my time as I do. Jake wants to meet up at a park, the very same one I found Jack beaten and bruised. I'm not looking forward to it. At all. But I need him to know that I am with Jack and not him, and he just needs to face that. I already told my grandma on Tuesday that I won't be seeing her today, she said it was fine then went to sleep.

I go down the steps out of the school as the buses make their way out of the lot. I easily find my car and hop in, an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. I really don't want to talk to Jake, he's in my past, but I know he wants to talk too.

I leave the school and drive to Delmonico Memorial Park. I have a feeling I'm being watched, but I know I'm not. Nobody knows about my location but Lilly and I know she wouldn't tell a soul about something I don't want to be spread.

The short drive seemed longer than usual, but with Beartooth blasting through the stereo, I made it through. I step out into the crisp air, glad I wore my thick Pierce the Veil hoodie.

I spot Jake at wooded picnic table, and take a deep breathe before walking towards.

"Hey," I breathe out once I reach him. He turns around and flashes the smile I once fell in love with, and foolishly thought it was real.

"Hey," he says and stands up from the rotting picnic table. He's wearing a red Nike shirt and a gray jacket with jeans. He's got a little stubble on his chin, like always.

"So...are we gonna talk here? Or," I trail off.

"We can walk around if you want?"

"Okay," I say and we start to walk down a paved path that leads to a baseball field of you walk far enough.

It was silent until Jake spoke up. "So I heard you're dating Jack."

I suppress a smile. "Yeah. For about a month."

He scoffs and shakes his head.

"What?" I am already done with conversation and we just started. Great.

"That kid is so messed up," he states.

"No. He's not," I protest. 

He scoffs again. "He's got so many problems, Riley. He'd probably leave you once something goes wrong."

"No, he wont," I say, pissed off now.

"Yes,  he will," he says.  "You were much better off with me, babe."

I stop in front of the restrooms. "First off; do not call me that. And second off; he won't leave me, and I am way better off with him, than with your lying, stinky ass."

He abruptly grabs my waist and pushes me up against the stone wall of the restroom. "Don't act like you don't still want me. I know Jack is just your rebound, sweetie, so get over it. You're mine, you know that," he hisses in my face. His hands have grabbed my waist even tighter, and I'm certain a bruise had already formed. I can smell his alcoholic breath, and I can tell he's drunk.

"Get away from me," I hiss back.

A stinging pain rips across my face before I know what just happened.

Jack's POV

After school, I have Gilinsky follow Riley's car to a park. I'm in the car with him, of course, but I didn't know we would end up here. Gilinsky parks on the other side of the parking lot, far away from Riley's car.

I see Riley get out of her car and walk to a picnic table. A man stands up and I can just make out the face. I think its. . . Jake? No. It can't be.

"Hey, is that Jake," Gilinsky points and asks.

I sigh. "I think so."

They start to walk down a path, which I k ow leads to a field. They must be going there.

"Hey Gilinsky? Can you drive to the baseball field? I think that's where they're going," I ask.

"Yeah, sure," he says. He starts the car back up and in a short amount of time we're at the field.

"Alright, I think I'm gonna walk on the hill because I can't see them yet," I tell him. There's a hill above the path that you can walk on, but trees are scattered on the top of it. They won't be able to see me.

Just as I'm about to get out if the car, Gilinsky grabs my arm. "Are you sure about this dude?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. If she's cheating. . ." I sigh.

"I got it, man. Go, but be careful."

"Thanks."

I get out of the car and walk towards the hill. It's covered by a blanket of crunchy leaves, making it hard to be quiet, but I don't think it's loud enough for people to hear. Well, Riley and Jake to be exact.

In a short amount of time, I hear voices, but can't make anything out. I stand behind a tree and look down to the stone bathrooms and see them. Riley and Jake. Talking. Oh.

A wave of depression hits me, like someone just punched me in the chest, but on the inside. She's cheating on me. She's. . . she's cheating on me. The girl I love, isn't mine at all. Oh.

He grabs her waist and pushes her up against the wall. Great, now they're gonna suck face in front of me. Well not really in front of me, but almost in a way. He says something, then he. . . slaps her? Wait what the fuck? 

"What the fuck, Jake!?" I hear her yell. He slaps her again and kisses her before she can say anything. She struggles, but before I know it, my fist collides with his jaw.

He looks at me with confusion, then rage.

"Riley, run to the baseball field. Now," I demand and she hesitates before running to the direction of the baseball field. 

"Jack, you little asshole," Jake shakes his head.

"Jake, you need to leave her alone. She's not yours, anymore, and never will be," I say.

"Shut up! She doesn't love you, she loves me! She's mine!"

"No she's not! Get over it!"

"No!" He lounges over to punch me, but I dodge it. I can smell the alcohol off his breath. He's drunk. Perfect. Note the sarcasm. 

"Dude! Chill!" I try to get him to calm down, but his glossy eyes are filled with rage. 

"No! She should be mine! You're just gonna kill yourself anyways!"

I punch him in the face, furious with him. My past is my past. He shouldn't bring it up. 

I punch him again, and knee him in the balls. He doubled over, but rises back to standing position. A devilish grin smears his face, and a deep chuckle escapes from his lips.

"You little bastard," he says. Before he can do anything though, he's thrown to the ground. I look over to see Gilinsky standing there.

"Let's go," he says. 

<><><>

Ayyye

I know I know, it takes me forever to update chapters I'm sorry :/ 

But aaaaaaye I made this one a little longer than usual so yee.

Little friend update:
Little friend once again (but we cool yo)

BYE TILL NEXT TIME :D