Chapter Thirteen

Jacks POV

I turn the volume up on my phone so I can hear the music better. I took a shower and the words on my arm washed off, leaving my arms and wrists bare. I can't look at my bare arms, I just can't. It makes me wonder what else could be put there, then the wonders would turn into actions, and I can't have that. I don't want a repeat of my childhood, I won't let that happen so soon. Not yet.

Don't let the world bring you down

There's always hope for the willing

The lyrics catch my ears, and I write them on my left arm before I forget them. On my right arm I wrote:

Scream, shout, let it out

It's hard to make a sound

when we've both fallen asleep

caught in a dream, far from reality 

It's a lot more messy than my left arm, but I can read it and that's all that matters. It's not like I would show this to anyone. Only my mom and Gilinsky know about it. Not even my damn step dad. 

My phone rings and I quickly pull my black jacket sleeves down, as if anyone would see my arms. I pick up my phone, and see Gilinsky's name pop up.

"Aye what up?" I ask and lay down on my bed.

"Your front door is locked. Open it," he says blankly. I don't remember inviting him over, but I don't care. I tell him to give me a minute, and go down to the front door where Gilinsky's waiting to be let in.

I open the door and give him a quick, "Hey" before going to my room, him following.

"Dude it smells like sharpie in here," Gilinsky says as he waves his hand in front of his face.

"Sorry," I said. "I was just using it."

"It's fine," he says. He reaches into his back pocket and takes out a red and white pack of cigarettes. I don't smoke or anything bad for that matter, but I always let Gilinsky do it because I know he has it rough at home, with his parents always fighting and getting drunk. It relieves his stress.

"So I think Riley's going the party this weekend," he say as he puffs a smoke cloud into the air. Her name perks me up a little, but the stench of smoke brings me down.

"Could you at least open a window?" I ask. He obeys and let's the cold air enter. "And I really don't think she is."

"Well, that's not what she told me," he says with a develish look in his eyes.

I furrow my eye brows. "And what exactly did she say?"

"She said she'll go."

"No, I said exactly."

He sighs. "Jeez, do you not trust me or somethin'? I said she's going!" Another puff of smoke. "So now you're goin'." A mischievous smirk is plastered on his face.

I roll my eyes. "Really?"

"Mhm," he hums. "And don't worry, I'll find ya somethin' pretty to wear."

I huff out a laugh. "Asshole."

He wickedly grins and throws the cigarette out the window. I swear, if Riley doesn't show up, and he's just bull shitting me, I will kill him like Bloody face in season two of American Horror Story. Well, more or less of mentally murder him, but I think the point is made.

Riley better be there.

<><><>

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! WHOO  I WILL ACCOMPLISH NOTHING IN 2015! YAA GO ME!! 

(Songs are You're not alone by Of Mice & Men and Council of the Dead by Famous Last Words. Omam one up top)