Chapter Ten

Today was finally Saturday and I planned on doing my mounds of calculus homework, but instead I am sifting through movies on Netfix at Jack's place. I can do the homework tomorrow.

I search "The Nightmare Before Christmas," one of my favorite movies. Jack comes into the room with a "Bowl of Stuff". He sits down next to me with an arm slung around my shoulders. I press play and take a pretzel from the bowl which is set on Jack's lap. The movie begins, and I rest my head on his warm chest.

In the middle of the movie, I start to wonder; what are Jack and I? We aren't together, but we act like it. Should I ask? No, that could ruin what we have. Maybe we're just reserved for one another, but what if Jack's done this before? Play with a girl's heart, then drop them as if they were trash on a street corner.

"Hey, you okay?" Jack asks, rubbing my arm.

"Uh, yeah. Just dozed off for a moment," I say.

"Oh," he says. "What'cha thinking about?"

I sigh. "Nothing." He scrunches his brows together, but I give him a reassuring smile. He leans down and pecks my lips, then goes back to watching the movie. An unwanted feeling is left on my lips.

I move out of Jack's grasp and stand up. "'Scuse me," I say and walk towards the door.

"Hey, where're you going?" Jack asks, but I don't answer. I open the door and go down the hall. I can hear Mrs. Johnson down stairs vacuming the rug in the living room as I walk down the steps.

I open the front door, and a gust of cold wind prickles my face. Winter is near, so the weather is getting more brutal as the days pass.

I sit on the front steps with my head in my hands. The door opens behind me and Jack walks out. I don't look at him, but I know he's next to me.

"What's up?" He asks. He puts his hand on my knee, but I move his hand off my leg.

It stays silent for a while, the only noise coming from the various cars that pass by.

"What are we?" I break the silence.

"Hm?" Jack hums.

"What are we? What are we doing," I say. "I don't want to stick around if I'm just a trend to you."

He doesn't say anything. He just stares at the ground until he speaks in a soft voice, "You think you're a trend?"

I meekly nod.

"Well you're not, Riley. You make things so much more fun when you're around. And to answer your question, I have no idea what we are, but whatever it is, I like it." He stares holes into the side of my face. I can't bare to look at him until he moves my chin to look in his gorgeous blue eyes. "I really like you Riley," he says in a low voice. "I don't want you to ever leave me."

My cheeks are warm, despite the cold temperature. I examine his facial features; his eye has healed, but there's still a cut on the side of his face. He had a scar above his eye from a previous fight he got into. I search his eyes. They're blue, but it's a blue you can just stare into forever without getting lost. 

His eyes come closer and closer, until I feel his lips softly touch mine, as if I was fragile. He pulls away, his hands now holding my head. I blush a bright red under his touch.

"You can trust me, Riley."

"Okay," I hesitantly say.

<><><>

Yo

Christmas is almost here so I may not be updating till 2015 but idk. Also, how does one have more reads in a more previous chapter, than the one before it? Do you just skip the damn chapter? Like wtf.

Sry if its short and sucky but half of it was made in a car and the other when I was nearly sleeping.

Anywaaaays

I THINK I MADE A FRIEND OMF BE. PROUD.