Chapter 18: There's Gonna Be a Fight

Emma's POV:

"In the days time, at dawn, meet us in the canyons, bring all of your warriors. If you have the spark." Shard growls, lifting the cannon that switched Optimus and Megatron around in the first place and firing. Once again, the blast parted and hit the two leaders.

Optimus dropped to the ground, gasping in pain;  I bend over and nuzzle him worriedly. You okay big boy?

He shakily gets to his peds, observing his servos. There was a hint of relief in his optics.

"So..." Darkplague offers him a servo to help him up. "In three days, we're gonna meet up and have a battle?"

Megatron nods. "And finish this once and for all. One side will die, one will live."

"We outta get back to base. Prepare ourselves. Train. We ain't going down without a fight." Darkplague agrees before lifting her digit to her audio receptor. "Ratch, send a bridge."

~~
Ratchet's POV:

Mithra squirms in my arms happily, giggling and chewing on her digits, while Malachite leans on me, watching.

"We're all gonna fight..." She murmurs, her optics soft. "Some of us won't come back."

I move Mithra to one arm and use the other to pull Malachite close, doing my best to comfort her. She smiles.

"It'll be fine." My throat chokes out the words; I don't actually know. Either we will survive with many losses or we will die with this planet.

Mithra points to the ground, so I set her down and she crawls off, giggling and grabbing Bumblebee's peds. The scout laughs and sits down, letting her crawl into his lap and use him as a jungle gym.

"Who doesn't love her." Malachite whispers, tilting her helm to rest on my shoulder.

I raise an optic ridge. "Starscream?"

She turns and faces me. "Well, clearly he's lied about being a mech all these years, maybe he actually thinks she's cute."

"You think he's a femme too?" Supressing a laugh, I reply.

She responds by bringing herself close so our lips touch gently, passionate and sweet. This all will change in three days. I can't help but think.

~~
Emma's POV:

"Crimson, Megatron, Knockout, Soundwave, Starscream, Wheeljack, Emma, Darkplague and Bulkhead--" Optimus begins. "We will depart for training."

"Ooooh Ooooh we're going training?!" I jump up from the couch excitedly.

"Good time to kick some aft." Crimson looks at her digits with a dangerous smile.

Ratchet and Malachite walk over as well, and... WHERE'S MITHRA?! Oh never mind she's playing with Bumblebee... Oh dear Primus I almost had a heart attack...

"Start up the groundbridge, pwetty pwetty please."  Darkplague says to Ratchet, who nods and pulls the lever.

"Training?" Jack asks.

"Can we watch?" Raf and Miko say at the same time.

Optimus reluctantly nods.

~~

In human form, I lean up against a tree beside Raf and Jack, watching Crimson and Wheeljack get ready to tussle it up.

"Let's see what you got, Hammerhead." The femme winks.

"You may be hot but you ain't takin down a wrecker!" Wheeljack shoots back, then suddenly blushing. "D...did I say that out loud?"

Without warning Crimson pounces on him, and they begin:

Crimson wraps her legs around his waist and flips back, sending him flying, but he recovers and lands on his peds, turning and charging her.

That's all I see before noticing Megatron watching me, a challenging look in his optics.

I raise an eyebrow. Does he want a piece of this?

He smiles. Yep. Though this slice is a bit too big for poor Ol' Megsy.  I transform and charge him.