Chapter 15: Ideas and... Shard.

Emma's POV:

"Wait, we can revive bots with those activation devices?" Miko asks, blinking in surprise.

"So... we can revive Everence, right?" Gripping my hands tight on the railing, I look to Ratchet for an answer.

Ratchet gazes up at Optimus and nods, the prime seems slightly taken back.

"Yes!" Bulkhead laughs, slapping Wheeljack on the back, who smiles and jokingly rubs his cheek, where Everence had slapped him when he looked a bit too low at Crimson.

"Thank Primus!" Malachite says happily, hugging Mithra, who seems confused, but lights up and hugs her mother back.

"Before you celebrate!" Ratchet pipes up, his optics thoughtful. "Think about this. It takes thousands of the devices to destroy a small world, how many do you think we will need to revive Everence? Need I remind you we only have two? And what mass are we going to destroy to get that energy?"

Optimus nods. "Ratchet is right. We will need to destroy some item with large mass to produce enough energy, and before we do so we need many more activation devices."

"So we need to focus on collecting the activation devices." I put in.  "And, what if we blow up a star?"

Everyone looks at me funny, like I suggested Starscream would make a fantastic prime, which he wouldn't. It don't take the wisdom of the primes to see that as clear as day.

"Blow up a star..." Crimson raises an optic ridge.

"Cool!" Miko pumps her arms, and earns a look from everyone as well. She nervously smiles and pipes down.

"Emma is correct. A star would have enough mass... I think." Ratchet adds the last two words quietly.

His computer starts beeping, and the medic quickly strides over to it.

"A high frequency signal, with... an embedded message." He says to us.

"F...from who?" Raf asks.

"...Shard." Ratchet looks down at his peds, grief flooding to his optics. "He wants to meet."

"Are we gonna trust this dude?" Miko pipes up, again, crossing her arms.

"Tsh, frag no!" Crimson rolls her optics. "Shard is unpredictable! He's... even worse than Snare. Snare seems merciful compared to his brother!"

"Crimson, Wheeljack, Arcee, Bumblebee and Ratchet, you will join me." Optimus states, striding to Ratchet's side.

"We... aren't taking Beasty here?" Wheeljack asks. Beasty? Come here and say that to my face, Buster!

"Nah, we got Captain America and Doctor Who." Crimson gestures to Optimus and Ratchet jokingly.

"... Doctor Who?" Ratchet raises an optic ridge.

Crimson bursts out laughing. "No, just the Doctor." Sorry, Doctor Who joke.

I just have to laugh as well, earning yet another look from everyone. Rubbing the back of my neck, I smile, and walk away, and they leave through the groundbridge.