Chapter 20: Demon and Communication

Emma's POV:

I drowsily wake from stasis, my audio receptors sore, and slowly rise from the medical berth.

"Emma, the procedure was a success." Ratchet states, checking the computer.

"Uh... cool... so can I go get a soda or something...?" Half awake in beast mode, I slightly ramble, even though I know he can't hear me.

"Yes, Emma, you can." Doc rolls his optics. Wait.... OH YEAH that's what the surgery was for.

"Hey cool so I can talk to you guys in beast mode?"

"Yep." Malachite nods, holding a spazzy Mithra in her arms.

Then a question hits me. "Ratchet, what do you think real predacons think about?"

Predacons in early days POV:

Bite bite  bite bite bite bite bite bite bite bite bite bite bite bite bite bite bite bite bite bite bite bite bite bite make offsprings to bite even more bite bite bite bite bite bite.

Emma's POV:

Ratchet shrugs. Whatever.  I stride over to Darkplague, who came back from training early. "Hey Dark. how ya feeling?"

"Fine fine." She looks away.

That's not enough for me. i wanna know what's up. Then I remember-- when Everence died, and I was alone in the desert, Darkplague had come and told me that story... I need a way to get to her.

"Hey Plague?" I ask.

"Hmm." She doesn't look up.

"Can you... tell me a story?"

She's taken by surprise, turning to look at me with puzzled optics. "Umm....... Sure. Yeah. Umm........."

Inhaling deeply, she began: "Well, you see, there was a dark spirit, a demon, with great fire power, and strength, one of the greatest creatures known. His name was... Scourge. Evil in the energon, living for nothing but slaughter. Not even living, actually, he'd possess one mind, and corrupt it, taking over slowly until the mind of his host is his own, there he slaughters every being in his past. But the corruption would tear apart his host mentally, until...... They're sparks just burn out. Until he chose his newest host-- a femme-- young in age, but he chose her. He possessed her, corrupted her, she slaughtered many. Her family recognized the evil, and quickly sought to expel it from her, but it would not be so. So they taught her how to contain it, hide it, keep it from corrupting her mind. And she lived with it. but there was one catch: If she felt the same need Scourge once did, the need to kill, the veil would lift, and Scourge would take over. For eons she hid him."

I want to hear more. "And then?"

"That's the end." Darkplague squeezes her optics shut.

I notice Ratchet and Malachite were silently listening, watching with concerned looks.

"How do you know this?" I ask Darkplague.

Darkplague just shakes her helm. "It... ran in the family."

^.^ You linking the dots there?

Thanks for reading I will try to update more