Chapter 3: Unexpected Measures

Ratchet's POV:

Optimus and I disappear down the halls, worry and disbelief cutters my spark as we settle in a room far from earshot, and at the same time, we sigh and look at each other.

"An alliance? Optimus, the return of The Risen is next to catastrophic, but does it really call for such extreme measures?" I ask him, sending him a 'is this really necessary' look.

"If we are going to have any chance of defeating our enemy, we will need to unite and stand, or divide and fall. Aligning with the Dececpticons is something I have never intended on doing, though the circumstances are unique, and call for unexpected measures. Even Megatron will see, we will all be terminated if we stand idly by." Optimus vents coolly.

"Very well. Let's call Megatron." With another sigh, I turn and leave the room, the Prime right behind me.

~~~~~~

"Teaming up with the Cons?!" Darkplague hisses angrily.

"So, your gonna go meet with Megapuss?" Emma asks, her eyes longing, and I can tell she wants to come, but we need to seem peaceful instead of threatening if we want this to work. Only Optimus and I will meet with Megatron.

"Yes. Ratchet, have you locked on the coordinates?" Optimus nods at Emma, then gazes at me as I type on the computer.

"Just about.  Are you ready?"

Optimus nods again and strides over to me as I start up the groundbridge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The foggy clearing is cool and misty in the morning air, as Optimus and I wait for the warlord.

"You must be truly desperate, to come to me for help." A hauntingly familiar voice growls tauntingly.

"Megatron." Optimus murmurs as we turn around quickly, and the warlord strides up calmly.

"The Risen have returned?" He asks us, seeming concerned for this as well. It's not only humanity that is in danger.

"Yes." I nod, narrowing my optics. I don't trust this bloodthirsty mech.

"And our only hope for surviving this war is an alliance." Optimus adds, his own optics narrow.

"Then by all means." Megatron laughs. "Let's end these twins of terror."