Chapter 14: Trouble

Emma's POV:

Really gonna need a vacation after this; Ratchet, Knockout, Bumblebee and I are heading out, even though most of us had just finished securing the previous activation device. Fantastic. I think as we emerge from the groundbridge, and end up on a cliff side. Three mechs turn and face us, one holding a long chain. Immediately he whips it around like Indianna Jones and his awesome whip.

We charge, but quickly he whips it around, so it wraps around Bumblebee's ankle, and clicks. The mech yanks it, bringing Bee down, then uses the other half to whip at Ratchet, the chain wraps around the medic's wrist and slams him into Knockout, and they fall over the side of the cliff. Panic surges through me as I rush over to the side, and see Ratchet is dangling from the chain, and Knockout is clinging to his ankles.

::ACK!:: I hear Bumblebee cry, and I see him get shoved off the other side of the cliff, dangling by the chain around his ankle.

"Foolish Autobots." The mech growls, and drops the middle of the chain, which clicks into two separate chains and they part, allowing Ratchet, Bumblebee and Knockout to fall off the cliff. I quickly run over and grab both sides of the chains in my jaws, holding them from falling.

"Ha!" The mech laughs. "And how long do you plan to hold them?"

I growl, menacingly, but I'm left defenseless if I don't let them go, which I'm NOT going to do.

He readies his cannon; points it at me, and I close my optics and brace myself.

"AAARRRG!" A battle cry rings out, and I hear the mech go down. Wheeljack pulls one of his swords from the dead mech's back, winking at me. "Doc called for backup. Where is he?"

I gesture towards the edge of the cliff, and Wheeljack quickly realizes what's going on and helps me pull them up. While we had been busy with Mr.Indianna Jones, the other two mechs had planted the device. Terrific.

"Lets go." Knockout gestures to the open groundbridge, and we teleport back to base.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Crimson, Arcee and Soundwave, your next." Ratchet says, opening a bridge for them to leave.

Mithra is crawling around as usual, and now has decided Knockout's foot is a toy, because she's wrapping her arms around his arm and giggling. Knockout doesn't seem too happy about it, looking down at her with scared and confused optics.

"Uh... Ratchet?" He asks. "... What is it doing?"

Malachite laughs. "She's playing."

"And... How do I get it to stop?" Knockout slowly scoots an inch away, but she holds tight.

Ratchet rolls his optics and walks over, bending down to pick the sparkling up. She squeals with laughter and hugs him as he stands back up.

"So... We have two of the activation devices?" I hear Starscream say to Optimus.

Optimus nods. When he had gone out with Crimson, they had come back with the device, and we still have the one from Fern Canyons.

"What possible use do they make?" Darkplague enters the room, putting a servo on her hip.

"Not anything exceedingly important." Megatron replies.

"So... what, should we destroy them?" I ask, but Megatron ignores me and keeps chatting away with Optimus, Darkplague and Starscream. "Hey! Dude! Now that's rude!" I mutter.

"Have you not listened to ANY of my battle stories?" Bulkhead facepalms. "The consistent moral is that Decepticons can be jerks!"

"So, they destroy an item with a large mass, use that mass, to produce energy?" Raf murmurs, and I walk over to where he, Jack and Miko sit.

"Yeah."

Miko suddenly lights up. "So, couple hundred of them can revive worlds, right?"

I nod. Optimus, Megatron, Darkplague and Ratchet are now listening to our conversation; Starscream got thrown through a wall by Darkplague. Megatron laughed.

"So, can just a few revive a bot?" Jack states more than he asks, now looking at Ratchet.

"Tsh! I--" Ratchet starts, then thinks for a moment. "Well......"