Chapter 26: Remember Me?

Optimus's POV

We wait in the canyons, silently, for the Risen to appear.

It's been maybe half an hour.

"Optimus.." Crimson murmurs. "Do you think?"

"They'll come." I reply.

"Damn right they will." A familiar voice laughs, bright and happy.

I turn around to see Overdrive standing there.

But she wasn't alone.

Cliffjumper and Everence stand beside her, arms crossed and smiling.

"Cliff?!" Arcee's optics widen.

"Everence!" Emma lights up with joy.

"Are we going crazy?" Ratchet asks.

"Nope!" Overdrive strides over to me and him. "We've come to help you kick some aft!"

"Cuz that's what we do best, wouldn't ya say, Darling?" Oh. Scrap.

Ratchet turns to face Vess, who is standing right behind him. His expression suddenly becomes terrified and he backs away.

Alto and Ravage stand back, watching silently.

"Ravage?" Starscream stares at the huge cat.

Vess is tilting her helm at Ratchet. "What's wrong? Don't you remember me?"

Ratchet is inching away.

"It appears he does." Darkplague crosses her arms.

"Oh, and who's this?"

Darkplague growls.

Vess laughs. "Fine then."

Overdrive narrows her optics. "Vess your order has been diminished. Lay off."

Cliffjumper is talking to Arcee, and Everence walks up to me.

"Optimus." She nods with a smile.

I force a smile back, but pain still overcomes me. "How are you?"

"I'm great." Her smile grows. "Looks like you've gotten yourself into even more scrap then before, huh?"

"Indeed, they have." No...

Snare and Shard stand maybe a hundred feet away, the Risen army behind them.

Overdrive comes to stand beside me. "Well Princess, you ready?"

I activate a cannon in one servo and a sword in the other. "We all are."

Emma roars loudly, a deep thundering roar, and Darkplague transforms and lets out that shriek we know her for.

"Well, let's get started." Overdrive growls.

"As you wish, Femme." Shard spats, and on que, the Risen charges.

"We didn't come back to help for nothin'!" Everence laughs as a tan femme charges her. She activates her cannon and blasts the femme three times before spinning around and kicking her in the chest, sending her flying.

Two mechs charge me, one blue one gold, both carrying those glowing, burning swords. I shoot one, throwing him off while I clash swords with the other. While my other servo is occupied I use the one with the cannon to lower and shoot him in the stomach. He stumbles backwards and the other one jumps forward, but a shadow flew overhead and fell, and coiled around him, crushing him. Darkplague. She hisses and nods to me before taking off.