Chapter 12: Sorrows

Optimus's POV:

Ratchet sighs in grief as we close the door; we had put Everence in an empty room on a berth, so she may rest in peace. The medic turns his helm away and closes his optics, striding to where Malachite stands and brings her close; she is quite stricken too, Everence was a close friend of hers. Mithra was crawling around, looking confused why everyone was down. We all stand in silence, grieving for the loss of our friend.

"If it does anything, I can provide coordinates from the last place The Risen's ship were on." Crimson pipes up, glancing at me.

"Ship?!" Starscream raises an optic ridge.

"The ship we came here on. It's gone now, and we don't have a way to track it, but..." The red femme trails off.

"It's a start." Ratchet nods; Malachite is leaning against him with closed and wattery optics, as he has an arm around her for comfort. The femme hadn't said anything, not trusting her voice enough to keep together and say full words without breaking down.

Crimson walks over and starts talking to him, providing coordinates and useful information.

On the bright side, we gained a few relics from the fight;  Emma had gotten the sword that burns, Megatron got a certain cannon, and we still have the prod Ratchet got a long time ago, and Crimson's glove relic.

"So, Captain America, what's your plan?" Crimson suddenly asks me, striding over.

"Destroy the activation devices, before they are planted." I reply, looking into her bright blue optics.

She nods thoughtfully, looking at her peds.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Emma's POV:

The sunset makes my metal hide shine, bright and flashy, as I charge across the canyons; I had snuck out of base, hoping for some alone time.

Once I'm far from the base and the road, I transform, watching the clouds turn pink and orange. Tears run down my face as I carefully climb onto a rock at sit down, burying my face in my hands. Everence is gone...

The Autobots have become my family, Everence came in later but she still had been so close to me. Now... It's just gone.

"Hey." A voice makes me jump, and I turn around to see Darkplague.

"Oh, hey Dark." I reply and turn back towards the sunset.

"Emma... I'm so sorry you were there when Everence..." She trails off, coming and sitting beside me, careful not to sit on me.

Wiping away some tears, I nod. I don't trust me voice enough to speak; Seeming weak in front of Darkplague isn't my thing, since we both turn into huge rage monsters and stuff.

"Is this your first loss?" Darkplague asks.

Another nod is my response, biting back more tears.

She sighs. "Do you want to hear a story?"

"Y...Yeah..." I reply, voice still shaky with sobs.

Darkplague inhales, and closes her optics. "Eons ago, there was a young femme, about your age, living a normal life on Cybertron, she had loving parental units, and a big brother that she absolutely adored. One day, she was out playing with her brother, when they got a com link call. It was her parental units, and they said,  "Rodinum, get your little sister out of there! The decepticons are coming!" The femme and her bother, Rodinum, ran for months, closely being tracked by the Decepticons. Their parental units had already been slaughtered, so they couldn't go back... But one day they were captured. Rodinum was tortured and killed... and the femme... Was slowly taken apart and reassembled, tested on, scorched, all while she remained fully conscious. They tortured her, for eons until she became an adult, and still experimented on her, until they had the perfect super soldier. But she would never cooperate, so they never let her free, made sure she never escaped... But one Decepticon became her friend. For hours a day they'd talk and laugh, and that Decepticon promised to free her one day, and they would run away together, and never part... That mech kept his promise, and released her, but he couldn't come with. So now that femme, after losing her family, her normal life, and having to leave her best friend behind, she lived on, met new people, became something that treats her more than a lab experiment. The end." Darkplague finishes; the sky has darkened, now the first stars have peeked out.

I look at her; see a longing in her optics. Reluctantly, I ask, "what was the femme's name?"

Darkplague looks at me and smiles. "Take a guess."

After a few seconds she stands up, and gestures me to come with her, and we head back towards base.