Chapter 2: The Risen

Emma's POV:

"Who's The Risen?" Confusion laces my question, and Optimus takes a deep breath, meaning he's gonna tell a story.

"Back on Cybertron, during the war, there were two decepticon twins, Snare and Shard. They were powerful and strong, and seldom lost battles. They found the key to a huge army, a hall of ancient relics, the Dark Ones, the relics were called. The hall held thousands of relics, and each relic was built for one reason only: Battle. Combat. War. Snare and Shard set out to find The Hall, for it was hidden, with many followers in tow. Megatron found the hall as a myth, and ordered them to abandon they're searches, and that's when they went rogue. For eons they searched, and rumor has it they died trying, but they remain alive, we have proof. Just before we left Cybertron, a comrade of ours was slaughtered by Snare, and we were attacked by their army, that had started out as many followers, and changed to a massive amount of warriors. We escaped them intact, and stumbled upon something we had not intended on finding: The hall. We entered, but found it empty, Snare and Shard, with their army they call the Risen, had already found the hall and had seized the Dark Ones. The Risen had not been able to escape Cybertron when the Autobots fled, but I have feared their return for quite some time, and alas, they have returned."

Optimus finishes the story, and sends Ratchet a pained look. "I fear they have returned to inflict harm upon this planet."

"What makes you say that?" Darkplague asks, putting a hand on her hip.

"There was one relic, amongst the Dark Ones, that had the potential power to wipe out a planet, and turn it's mass into energy." Ratchet replies. "That relic was also seized by The Risen. It stands to reason they've tracked us to this planet and... Intend on using that relic to produce the energy to restore Cybertron."

"So, the Cons just added a whole army to they're ranks?!" Miko exclaims.

"They outnumber us, and the Decepticons put together. They haven't a reason to add the Cons. The Risen are all rogues, don't care about Bots or Cons. They'll just destroy us to get what they want." Everence growls and closes her optics.

"So, they can just... Take out the Autobots and the Decepticons?" Disbelief clutters my mind. How is that possible?

"Yes. And both Autobots, and Decepticons, will be terminated for the Risen to reach their needs." Optimus seems to be deep in thought, then turns to Ratchet. "Our only hope for this planet, and for the remaining Cybertronians, is an alliance."