Chapter 5: Confusion

Emma's POV:

The plan has gone horribly wrong. Malachite,Everence and Arcee hadn't exactly followed them, they were found, shot at, chased, shot at even more, chased off the side of a cliff, and have been quite wounded.

We're all back at base, Megatron, Knockout, Starscream and Soundwave are here too... Yipee. See my burst of joy?

"We need a better plan." Knockout mutters, staring at his scratched and peeled paintjob. He got pretty tussled up.

"Ya don't say?" Starscream growls and crosses his arms, sending Knockout a cold glare.

Megatron suddenly steps forward. "Optimus, have you considered the activation process of the relic?"

What?! I look at Optimus, hoping for an answer.

The Prime slowly nods, and turns to the rest of us. "We know they have one relic that will be used to wipe out this planet, but we have forgotten one thing: The Risen Army must plant the activation devices in certain places all over the globe for it to work. One the devices are activated, that relic will be powerful enough to destroy this planet. If we can stop them from planting these devices, we may have a chance at stopping the threat."

"They have a groundbridge as well, so we need to divide and conquer." Ratchet nods and states. "Small groups of us will go out and stop them, given there will be quite a few of them planting the devices at the same time. We need to stop them before they plant all of them."

"Then let's do it!" Wheeljack smiles his wrecker smile.

"When they make a move, Emma, Soundwave and Ratchet can take them on..." Megatron murmurs thoughtfully. "And when they make a second..."

"Darkplague, Knockout and I will depart." Optimus finishes with a nod.

"Well, it's go time. They're on the move." Ratchet says, turning away from the computer.

Yes! I roar a thundering roar happily.

"Soundwave, bring the hook relic." Megatron tells the chief, who nods and pulls out a little cannon that attaches to his arm.

Let's do this. I growl as the groundbridge opens.