Mother's Prayer

Yuko Kamiya waited in the waiting room of the hospital with tears streaming down her face. She was anxious after something unexpected happened to her only son, Tai, who suddenly collapsed in the middle of the park.

As far as she remembered, her son was in a good health without any complication ever since he was adopted and yet it still happened, when she averted her eyes to Kari.

She cleared her vision and put her hands together, hoping it would be nothing serious. She was his mother! No matter what anyonw says! He didn't deserve to live like this, not his one and only son! How could she let this happen to her baby?!

The medical team almost had to forcefully separate her once they found her, screaming and wouldn't let go of her son's hand as she held him tightly but they managed and stabilized his condition.

So here she was now, waiting out in the waiting room while her son was in an emergency room without her by his side.

"Tai, please be okay." She prayed inside her mind.

As if her prayer was answered, a nurse called her.

"Yuko Kamiya?"

Hearing her name be called, she lifted her head and saw a man state down at her with complicated expression on his face. A man with a tall height and short dark hair with a diagnosis board in his hands stood out was what scared her the most.

"Ah yes!" She finally replied after observing him for so long. "How is he?"

"Mrs. Kamiya, your son's current condition was very worrying. His state needed further examination to determine what his medication would be."

"What?!" She grabbed both arms hoping this wasn't a dream. "It can't be!"

"This is just an early diagnosis but when I looked at your son's chart, he had the signs like one of my patients."

Yuko closed her mouth. "And?"

"I think he had cancer." He said dryly.

Yuko gasped and let go of him as he bowed a little after he stared at her and walked right past her going into the ICU room. He turned to the woman before going inside the ICU.

"My condolences." He told her and left her in the midst of despair. Yuko stood there as she processed what he just said over and over, dropping her to her knees and wishing to whatever deity was up there to help her son.

"Please... please save my Taichi!"

Meanwhile, In the ICU room, the doctor stare down at the boy, seeing the various wires and bandage on half right of his face covered in blood. This boy was in state where he had to wonder if he was even alive to begin with as he saw him again after the boy first arrived here.

The boy mumbled without knowing and the doctor leaned in closer.

"It hurts..."

All he could do was listening to him and treat him with pain medicine until he can decide what to do and little did he know, that there's nothing he can do but to see him in pain during his year in the hospital.

That was how the women discovered her son's sickness. Whether it was fated or unfortunate events, it is unknown. Yuko was so grateful to the man that she insisted on inviting him to dinner as a thank you for treating her son.

After her kid got out of the hospital, she was glad that Tai was looking better than before although his sickness still remains and she wished it will reduce his pain for him inside his home with his family.

All she had was time but yet it's still not enough. Then again there was nothing he could do but pray inside her mind.

"Tai... Kari... I hope you two will be okay there." Yuko looked out the window and put her hand on it with tears rolling down her cheeks.

***
A/N : I hope you liked this chapter because I can't continue writing since I've been in a serious condition, i'm sure you know what I meant.

No need to worry this won't be discontinued because you all sticking up to this story since the reads count has been increasing so fast than my other story.

And... I already had next chapter draft, I will be posting once I get better or in this case, free from my condition.