Pray

"I'm sure your brother will be happy up there, Kari."

"God is fair."

Those are the words that her parents said after the funeral.

It bothered Kari a lot, almost to the point she wanted to yelled at them for saying that.

Why was the world so unreasonable? If God was fair, why is God taking someone as easily as taking a flower from a garden?

Inside this dark place called her room, Kari already knew where she was and she pressed her hands against her chest. It beats rapidly, hurting from the pain she received.

She already went back to the real world after it was over but her heart won't letting it heal especially knowing her parents broke down seeing the body of her brother lying cold on the morgue table with a smile plastered on his face as if to let them know he lived a happy life.

Even so, she still can't accept it. Kari told her parents the whole story without omitting anything. About digital world, digimon and saving the world completely and then her parents never asked her again, accepting it wholeheartedly left a bad taste in her mouth.

She can't help but think that the world so unreasonable.

She was struggling to put power into her arm as the hand that was gripping her shirt felt shabbier and thinner.

"I'm sorry, Tai. Because of me, you..."

She felt regret and anguish far more than she can imagine.

She could see blurry spots spinning around her and then darkness swallowed her up as if she was nothing.

At first she didn't mind but it changed into something she recognized.

Tai. He was in digital world.

Just like watching a scene in the movie, she kept looking. The image of Tai leaning against the tree. He was heaving and sweating, in pain of what he was currently feeling.

"Tai..."

She knew it. This is the memory of Tai when he ran away. He had lost a bit kf his weight and couldn't even move from there. She didn't care that it was just a dream or Tai's memory. She wanted to see Tai again.

At that moment, she felt helpless when she saw Tai like that but then relief washed over her.

Because at that moment, a digimon brought brown cup filled with liquid water into his mouth with each moment made Kari was glad that there was someone who helped him in the midst of painful things.

Not a single moment was missed since it shown the image of Tai and the digimon who was in each other's presence, together walking and talking as if they're close friend.

Kari always saw Tai met his father and mother's gaze but it's nothing like that. It's filled with nothing but warmth and gratitude, nothing like she saw.

It was everything for Kari, seeing her brother happy.

She stood there and smiled as it replayed the moment, relishing each and every memory of her brother.

It changed her mind. She could barely held her tears back as if she realized something.

Tai was happy.

Unlike back in this world, he was happy with the digimon.

He was even wearing the real smile without masking his true feeling and that reminds her.

Did she really wanted Tai to experience pain? Is it really for the best just like mom and Dad said? The thoughts lingered in her minds and it was so real and terrifying.

Maybe God was right. God took her brother not because it was an easy thing to do. But, because it was the right thing to do.

Just like people who wanted to bring the best flower, God wanted to bring the best people because it is time for them.

Tears started to flow from her eyes.

"Tai..."

Kari clasped her hands tighter and wished that Tai will be fine out there. Smiling happily without pain coursing through his body.

Father and mother too, was right all along.

"Tai will be happier." Kari said with a conviction in her tone.

And for that, she prayed with all her might that her brother will be.

***
A/N : I only write what I thought was best and because it's fanfic I hope it will be to your liking using the character from digimon.

This chapter I dedicated for my father's birthday, yay! Hehe...

Next chapter will be the last, and will published it during someone's special day