Past

In night time, Tai felt exhausted. He ran all the way from the house on the other side to here. Meeting Psychemon along the way and ended up in the forest near the city. He never thought he could run this far and being with a digimon. It was unexpected but he didn't regret it. Probably still tired from the day before.

He didn't bother to look around as he started to leaned back against the tree. What he see only the little stars brightened the sky and himself on the lake. No beasts or other digimon except for Psychemon. The latter slept soundly beside him.

"I'm sorry." Tai began mumbled to himself, before he closed his eyes and drifted into a sleep. He succumbed to his dreams from the past, the one thing he didn't want to see again. But his mind seemed to like playing tricks on him.

•*•

Tai found himself waking up in a hospital. His head was pounding as if something hard hit smashed into it. His arms ached and groaned loudly to himself, because he felt his muscle were cramped. He felt awful. He can tell how much his body was declining and he knew he didn't have much time left.

As he was about to give up and press the button beside his bed, the door slid open revealing a white robed man followed by some lady who wore a scrubs as they called it. The both of them walked in and checked my condition. Tai couldn't do anything and too tired to said anything.

"Please bring the usual," the doctor said to a nurse standing next to him and she rushed out. Few moments later, a cart was pushed and showed that the nurse came back quickly. It had an assortment of syringes and vials filled with different kinds of liquid that would do who knows what.

"Take a deep breath, okay?" He said as he picked up one of the vials. He pushed it into Tai's arm. The boy could feel it spreading throughout his body, nothing new there. He knew it would be pointless to continue this kind of treatment but his parents insisted to try again, which he had no choice but to comply to their wishes. So, here he was enduring the pain.

"Calm down. It's gonna be okay," He wanted to believe it, for once. But he can't. It's hurting so much.

"Mom... dad..." Tai choked back a sob. The doctor saw him and it broke his heart. A life so young suffered a painful disease with no fighting spirits left, he didn't know how many years the boy will live but he wished it will be longer than him cause the boy deserved it. A lot.

Then he left. Leaving nothing but an empty wish upon the boy.

***
𝗔/𝗡 : 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆, 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀. 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗲. 𝗜'𝗺 𝗺𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗶𝘁 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿.

𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗧𝗮𝗶'𝘀 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺𝘀 𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗿𝘂𝗻𝗮𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗚𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗮𝗶 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗱.

𝗦𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗯𝘂𝗿 𝗜 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆.