The truth

Gennai could see angry eyes as if it looking straight at him. However, he only smiled. Behind those caring and fake calm eyes, he responded with ease and relieved to see Tai finally accepted himself.

From the information he gathered through the digimon he sent to keep Tai safe, it was a miracle they didn't seen through by Psychemon as he had a keen eyes just like him, even in his old eyes.

He, alongside Azulongmon prepared a plan which required detailed instead of some trick hidden beneath the rough exterior they both created.

However, deliberate planning took such a long time that he needed to do an accident and victim in the aftermath as a result of casualties. Of course, he injured them badly and some went missing because he hid it so to make it more realistic.

And, here he was. Watching the results from afar without intervening as if he could see the future far ahead.

Gennai wondered whether Tai could see how to defeat it or charging ahead without a plan. Because if not, the child might die earlier than the time expected.

Everything happening as they both predicted as the sight of Tai and Psychemon become clearer. Lastly, Tai left the digimon alone to defeat the ghoul digimon.

Cruel. That's the word that etched itself into Tai's eyes. It's because of Gennai and Azulongmon planning that everything including Tai's sickness, was found out by his friends and his own sister.

"I'm sorry, child. A fake prophecy was meant to help you growth, I hope you will forgive me." Gennai thought to himself.

Tai was all mess right now. He looked up straight back at Gennai, or rather in this case the ghoul digimon without much anger in his eyes and insted determination fuelled that chocolate eyes of his.

A courage in his heart.

"Hello, Tai."

The name he said had a tone in it that it did shown Tai figured out and the ghoul transformed into the exact same form of his physical body.

Most importantly, the said boy...

"Nice to meet you."

Had no hesitation in his eyes.

Meanwhile, Tai clenched his fists trying to figure out if it has the same knowledge and physical body as him, knowing Gennai who already did underhanded trick to him.

He wasted no breath and lunged at the said figure as it dodged to the side, same reaction like him but his physical seemed the same. He took a right jab aimed at him and slightly missed as it continued to dodge which made Tai irritated.

"I guess you had no intention to give up, huh."

The ghoul took a step back, analyzing and assuming what move the boy will make before he responded,

"Unlike you, I'm the version of you who will never give up. A courage who fought in the face of despair and won't back down no matter what."

Tai nodded his head.

Drip. Drip.

Tai then looked toward the ghoul's mouth that was dripping blood and said.

"I guess so, but it seems like you had no time left."

"Haha, it's enough to make you won't go back up again."

Tai started to frown and then swung his right arm. He managed to land a hit on its chest where the latter dropped to the ground.

The boy wondered is it an act that the ghoul easily on the ground. But he dismissed it easily before attacking again which it rolled to the side.

"So cruel of you to punch me out of preparedness."

"At least, I didn't use tricks to someone and fooled every digimon in the world."

A smile started to appear widely. It fought back without fail as it landed hit after hit. Tai didn't have time to evade them and defend against it so he took all enough energy to not fall to the ground.

A minute has passed and the two of them rasping for breath as sweats and blood was enough as to form a small pool though only a fraction of them.

Tai stumbled on his steps forward and grabbed by Psychemon, appearing out of nowhere surprising the both of them. His two front paws were shaking as he glared at the ghoul digimon who was in Tai's form, immitating the boy's appearance.

"Are you okay, Tai?" Tai managed to nod his head before slumping on the digimon's chest.

"I will take care of this, Tai. I'm proud of you."

That was the last thing he saw before succumbing into the darkness of his consciousness, leaving the sight of smiling Psychemon who turned his head to the ghoul facing him alone.

Tai thought he was really glad to meet Psychemon.

***
A/N : ughh, I can't believe i did this again. Pushing the date i set forward and publish but this time i had a reason though. So please enjoy!