Farewell

The morning breeze circulated throughout the forest as far as he knows. A sobbing could be heard beneath the wind carrying itself in the rear of forest. It was quite sometime that it reduced to quite sob until nothing more than tears rolling down the grass, spotting a wet trail in the grass around a child sitting down while pulling his feet closer to his chest without a care for his surrounding.

Whenever he happened to look up to the sky, he will teared up instantly that some probably wondered what the boy was thinking.

As it was, he hadn't move from the spot after he failed to go find the dark digimon which always been with him since the first he met him and proved to be great friend than he never imagined.

At the moment, he was merely fine with being by his side but one can never be in the same place he walked. That's why, he turned and did take the path that was never there in the first place.

For a moment, he regretted it. Anger seeped through his hands as he clenched his fists and mouth tightened. He broke down completely and buried his face in his lap.

It was painful, Tai thought.

Not knowing what happen afterwards and being left in the dark was something he hated especially the old man called Gennai. He didn't want to come in contact between him after what happened and yet he still wondered.

As if answering his thoughts, Tai began to reminisce his moment with Psychemon. That time, his chest felt lighter after sharing it with the digimon. It was moment he would never forget.

And he came into conclusion. Psychemon will be fine. Gennai won't do anything to him. If so, he would harm us in the first place.

He decided.

He would continue with his decision. He will save the digiworld from the real threat and make the digital world a safe place for Psychemon.

He stood up and left. He looked up to the sky and said quietly,

"Psychemon, I will be going. I hope you were okay."

After Tai came back, he acted like nothing ever happened to him and none of it was spoken between them as their adventure began.

Sneak a pill under his mouth and drinking weird-looking tea for the rest of the journey was so unlike him but Kari and the others respected him to wait until he was ready to tell them.

Although until the last moment, Tai still won't say anything and dropped to his knees with blood splattered on his hands whilst small amount dropped to the ground.

"Tai!" Kari was the first to notice as she ran to him and putting his head to her lap, asking him what's wrong.

Tai did say nothing but smiling with the last bit of strength and uttering his last word. For his one and only little sister.

"You know, our adventure was fun. I'm glad it was with you, Kari." He whispered softly in her ear and he went limp in her arms without them being able to do anything as he barely can kept his eyes open to see them once again.

Without him noticing, he closed his eyes.

I died.

Those were the last thoughts that Tai had.

After years of struggling with painful medication, unbearable operation and then dying at the age of 11.

He can accepted it. His consciousness and senses are falling into quiet and dark place.

"Ah, so this is it..."

Even though that's what is seen on the surface, none of them realized that Tai died happily and left with a smile upon his successful attempts in saving the digiworld. To save a friend who meant everything to him as he left a wish for him to live happily.

"Goodbye, Psychemon..."

Not a single soul can heard him but Psychemon, watching him with tear stained cheeks and muttered his last parting words.

"Farewell, my friend..."

***
A/N : two more chapters left until the last chapter! Thank you for following!