Conviction

Tai did not move. He merely stood there, completely still, and stared into an empty air. He looked better after taking the medicine than the usual pale skin and glassy eyes.

Psychemon frowned. "Tai?"

The empty flask in his hand fell to the floor, landed on its side and rolling a foot away before coming to a halt which hardly left any wet smears along its way.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he took a step back as the digimon stepped forth, only to pitch forward again. The boy staggered a little and stumbled into Psychemon's arms, closing the gap between them instead of falling down.

Psychemon felt the fever induced heat through his fur and he merely stood there, blinking as the boy's forehead pressed to his neck.

Tai tightened his grip and breathed heavily. For a minute, Psychemon blinked, pondering why the boy's temperature suddenly rising and froze, letting out a sigh as his own arms came up and around the taller human. He was trembling.

"You don't need to stress about it deeply, Tai. Every digimon believed in a prophecy as much as I do and honestly, it's hard to let it go sometimes but in my heart I knew, I don't want you to be burdened by it."

Psychemon murmured the last sentence as if he didn't want Tai to heard him, then he met his eyes. The latter were afraid of failing the expectation but also afraid to face unknown digimon albeit his mind was fully comprehend the situation.

The short digimon raised his head to speak softly into Tai's ear. "I gather you thought I also put my hope into you to save our world by helping you?"

If possible, Tai's hold on him tightened.

Psychemon's arms tightened in response and a hand finding its way into dishevelled locks as he gently combed his fingers through them, trying to convince him even though he knew he couldn't.

"We've only known each other for a short time, don't you think I deserve a little bit of your trust?"

Tai made as if he tried to shake his head but couldn't. In his state, he was trembling all through his recovering body and holding back a horrible fit running through him, probably didn't want to worry his newfound friend.

Psychemon still noticed his shaky emotional state and sending Tai as he put him back, leaning against the large tree that is all he could do at the moment and telling him a story about his entire life which was slowly ease him up to lower down his weakened body until he asked him a question.

"Tai, did you know the difference between you and me?" Tai shook his head. "You were blessed and I didn't."

"H-How come?" Psychemon smiled sadly, resting his hand on top of his knees.

"A family. We, Digimon didn't have one in our entire life, only a data that can appear again once we were gone but the thing about the reborn is not about our memory but the longing of a family."

Psychemon glanced at the sky gleaming blue surrounding the clouds as it reflected in the digimon's eyes brightly. Listening to the slowed breathing, Tai evened out until it was almost at normal level. He looked up at the digimon, sensing the current mood and looked above the sky with the same relaxing mood.

"So, I wish you could enjoy a life with your family and friends, Tai." Psychemon slightly leaned towards him and continued. "Because you deserve it."

"..."

"Thank you." Tai whispered. Psychemon gave him a simple nod before dozing off, tired as the little body didn't have the energy to keep up with taking care of the human by his side. Tai, in turn, looked back down at the bundle of fur that was his friend.

"... I'm glad I have you, Psychemon."

And he did. If he wasn't, he wouldn't know what happen to him after he ran away. For that he was thankful that he met him, so he thought about what he said for awhile as he heard his last sentence.

"... but in my heart I knew, I don't want you to be burdened by it."

It was the first he felt guilt that he couldn't help someone and it was an awful feeling.

So, he made up his mind. He will save the digiworld.

***
A/N : Now we will be at the end of this fanfic. It's been a long journey since I first started it and already three years had passed.

Thank you for following so I hope later you will like the ending.