Bond

Days had passed them by without as much of a glance to the condition of digimon and a boy. The digimon grew restless ever since they went back. He decided to do something and the result was the brown haired boy trying to steadying his breath, leaning on the trees.

Tai's head spun dizzily. His hands grasped the wooden tree and it's driving him mad. The effect of drugged food brought by Psychemon was excrutiating and he groaned loudly.

"You know, Psychemon. This is exactly why I hate trying new medicine. It always hurts more than before." His eyes are tearing up and he's writhing with his knees started shaking.

"What do you expect? It's a 𝗺𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗲."

"Please, Psychemon. Can you just give me the medicine from before?" Tai begged as his hands started to twitch slightly.

"This is for you, young lad. You think I like watching you in this state?"

Tai shut his eyes. He didn't know why Psychemon was like this but he seemed more determine. He bit his lips as he tried to think but only one thing came up on his mind. The incident in the market. But it's already a month since then. Why would the reptile digimon so adamant about him.

"You probably thinking about the incident, right? You're absolutely correct. Once you healed, you can go to your friends and save our world. Killing two birds with one stone."

"But it hurts, Psychemon..." Tai's voice came out hoarse and he was trembling from head to toe. He whimpered once he felt something cold pressed against his forehead as he slumped down the tree.

Psychemon laid him down besides him into the soft mattress he bought in the market.

"I'm sorry." Psychemon breathed. The digimon seemed to look away, avoiding Tai's gaze. The latter frowned, knowing that he did the right thing but he can't say the words. So, he said it again, "Sorry."

Psychemon looked down at the lush grass. His earlier confidence crumbling down and guilt gnawing inside his smaller build than the human boy. Tai furrowed his brows and he thought hard. He can't recall since when he had a herb tea to help him cope through his sickness. But Psychemon anticipated the effect of medicine and poured one on the wooden cup. The distinct herb tea pushed in his hands had bitter smells but also subtly calming effect on him.

He always wanted to enjoy drinks like this, better than a bitter taste medicine which reminded him of his sickness every single time he took a sip back home. So, he gratefully gulped it slowly to savor its taste which was sweet and sour at the same time.

Psychemon was relieved to feel Tai's sweating body go limp after the boy was struck with pain and drained from the effect of the medicine. He leaned against Tai's head inhaling his calming scent. He's getting used to him after all their days together.

Time seemed to pass slowly between the pair of human and digimon. Moonlight are the witness to ever slowly binding the bond in the world where recides many digimon. The soft snoring of the boy are the only sound carried by the wind to the reptile digimon as proof of the working tea. The said digimon was glad, it worked a little. Though the occuring effect of the medicine still had doubts since he needed more time to obtain the results. He could wait but he prayed upon the moon that it would be sooner before the digiworld was destroyed.

Hope. The last word he hold on to before going to sleep following the boy.

***
A/N : thank you for 3k views!

I will update as fast as I can because I will return to college soon, resuming my next degree education.