Sick

Tai remembered how they treated him at the hospital. The doctors and nurses. He looked away, trying to dismiss his past which resurfaced after all the years he'd been through. Probably because of yesterday. The day his friends and especially his little sister found out about his condition.

He still felt how the needle came into contact with his skin. Scars remained hidden beneath his gloves as he scratched it unconsciously.

After awhile, his back started hurting. He shut his eyes tight and trying to sleep the pain away. Luckily, his back only dulled for a moment or two before it disappeared which was very fortunate things since it always been about two hours.

"Idle hands are the devil's tools." Tai smiled sadly. He didn't understand why he said it. But it fit to his situation right now. Then a figure came from the shadow. It blended easily with its skin color. Digimon.

"Should I?" The Digimon mumbled. The sound was barely heard when Tai are not close enough, however the digimon know that. He tried to focus on letting out a small amount of sleep powder as the brown haired boy seemed to be tilted a little.

It's working slowly, so he let out some more and Tai's dropped a little before it fling back open. The brown haired hanged on to his last strength and giving up to the temptation of sleep. The last thing he saw was a digimon came up to him alone as the latter picked him up. His only wish was that he hoped Kari was safe in this world before completely blacked out.

𝙁𝙚𝙬 𝙢𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧...

Tai backed away to the wall, knowing he can't escape but still trying to get some distance from his captor. The digimon sighed and stepped forward. He let his hands dropped on the boy's back, but removed it as soon as he noticed that the boy began to whimpered.

"I knew it. You're sick," He said confidently.

"W-what?"

"Pale skin, ragged breathing, back pain. It's obvious you're sick, that's why I had to put you to sleep. Sorry." The digimon looked awful as he showed a look to what looked like remorse.

"Oh right, my name is Psychemon."
A digimon who almost looked like reptile digimon kinda like Gabumon. Tai guessed it's probably a different kind of Gabumon. Although it has quiet personality as though the dark colors showed on its body make a difference.

"I'm Tai. You know, you reminded me of Gabumon."

"I noticed. Anyway, here." The dark digimon handed him a leaf saucer which looked like a cup and it filled of white liquid raising a question from the boy.

"It's for you. There are some herbs which for muscle relaxant and numbing agent. Earlier, I found it in the forest for emergency like this. Try to drink it, okay?"

Tai sipped a little and winced at the sour flavor. But he put his faith on the knowledge the digimon had and took another sip again. Time passed in a mix of uncomfortable silence and small talk. Mostly, about digiworld. The digimon explained how digiworld weren't safe anymore and they needed savior like digidestined who come here. He didn't believe the prophecy but he had faith that a savior will come. It didn't ease the guilt bubbling inside of Tai as he ran from his responsibility to all the digimon.

"I'm sorry." Tai said in the lowest sound he could muster. Psychemon looked at him, and smiled.

"I still believe you can do it. Probably not now but I can wait." The blue fur digimon said with hope laced in his voice.

"I don't have many times left."

"Don't matter. You know, hope is like a grass. You pulled it once and it will grow back." Tai was shocked. The metaphor he used was so rare that he was gobsmacked by it. He can't help but laughing out loud.

"S-sorry. I didn't mean to laugh but your comparison was so funny." So he laughed and was received kindly to a smiling digimon who stood in front of him.

***

𝗔/𝗡 : 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲, 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆. 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗼 𝗮𝘀 𝗜 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗜'𝗺 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘁. 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗳𝘁𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱.

𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗼 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘃𝗼𝘁𝗲, 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝘂𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗶𝘁 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗜 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻. 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲𝘀, 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁, 𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝗔𝗢𝟯.

𝗦𝗼, 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻.