sunrise//nighttime

the sunrise was beautiful. specs of gold lightened up the morning sky, cotton candy clouds scattered all around it. kirishima looked outside his window, his heart swelling up in his chest. images like these reminded him of all the things he loved, with one person occupying the number one spot of that list: bakugou.

he took a deep breath, and then another, carbonated memories leaving his system with every exhale. 'living a life with no regrets'. that is his motto, isn't it? his whole idiosyncrasy summed up in one sentence, the reason why he beat himself up about the boy he used to be, and why he is so proud of the man he has become.

so why did regret crawl up his neck once again?

it was like a ghost, its constant chant of him never being good enough reverberating against his eardrums, the buzzing sound unbearable.

kirishima stood at a crossroads once again. he could either go deaf, or yell louder than those whispers ever could.

a smirk.

'i hope yaomomo has some good tea in her stash, my vocal cords may need it.'

-

bakugou's dorm being next to his own was one of kirishima's biggest blessings. it helped him see his significant other with minimum suspicion when them dating was still a secret, and it makes speaking to him directly much easier.

he lightly knocked, hoping he wouldn't be the reason mr sleeping beauty woke up. if grumpy bakugou was bad, abruptly-woken-up bakugou was a force to be reckoned with. grumbling from inside the room eased kirishima's worries as the door opened.

"hey ba-"

"no."

instead of what he hoped for (his boyfriend, happy as ever to see him, glowing in his birthday boy glory), kirishima was met with an emerald colored door, centimetres away from his nose. that didn't phase him, though.

relief flowed through kirishima's veins, one thought circling his mind. bakugou wasn't mad at him. not anymore, at least. he had spent enough time with him to know the signs of his anger, and this was far from it. he could describe this exchange as playful, even.

"aw, babe, come on! you've gotta let me in!"

"fuck no! you don't get to tell me who i let in and out of my damn personal space!" bakugou's muffled voice could be heard from his room.

"even if your strikingly handsome boyfriend is the one asking to come in?"

"more like strikingly insufferable boyfriend!"

"still ya boyfriend, though, aren't i? come on, i gotta wish this hot blonde dude a happy birthday! have i ever talked to you about him? cause if not i definitely should"

kirishima's smile widened when bakugou opened the door. if he didn't know where to look, he would have missed the slight blush creeping up his ears and neck.

"so what the fuck is so special about that blonde fucker, huh?"

heat erupted in the boy's chest because, yes, bakugou was playing along! the blond's teasing tone eased the tension off his shoulders, pupils dilating and cheeks dusted with a tinge of pink.

"oh, you know how it is. he's strong, and handsome, and so manly! plus, he has a surprise coming" bakugou raised an eyebrow at this, curiosity evident on his face. "that is, if he lets his boyfriend in his room" he winked.

"hm. good enough," bakugou let kirishima in his room, a victorious grin on his partner's face. he sat on his bed, fidgeting with his ear piercings. the redhead wondered what was on bakugou's mind, knowing that this little action wasn't like him at all, but he knew that if he felt comfortable enough, he would tell him. he always did.