CHAPTER 20

She was sound asleep, in his arms..
Jungkook can't though..

His thoughts were distorted and he would rather stay all up all night and make sure he won't forget her again. Sighing, he brushed her hair with his fingers and kissed her forehead gently..

What are the odds of this happening? I couldn't even protect you.. but I won't stop.. I will fight this battle till I win.. I promise..

Yoongi was right. Scurrying in the corner and giving in to fear would just consume him.. All of the glamour, the cheering crowds, the star like lights would all be useless if he would forget the one who gave him hope and helped him take his place back..

Making up his mind, Jungkook slowly got out of the comfort of his bed, pecked Liliana's lips before putting on his hoodie and marching out of the house.. He has only one destination in mind..

________________________

The door of the apartment opened to reveal the expectant face of Roxelle Lee who softly smiled seeing Jungkook at her door even though it is late at night..

"I was expecting you Jungkook. Come in."

The BTS maknae then bowed down before making his way in. Roxelle told him to make himself at home while she prepared some warm tea and light snacks..

"Drink. I assure you, this tea will help you ease your mind and boost your energy.." assured the hotelier seeing her guest in a deep thought.

"I know you're very much worried of what is happening  so I told you to  come see me when you have time. I want to help you but you have listen to every word I am going to tell you.. first, drink up."

He didn't have to hear it thrice. He indeed took a sip of the tea only to be surprised feeling his cat form wanting to take over.. what in the....

His eyes pierced unto the lady who calmly just nodded at him..

"What is this? A-are you trying to kill me?!" he accused his voice icy.

"No, wait for it and let it happen.."

Roxelle didn't flinch one bit as she had expected that harsh reaction..

Jungkook dropped the cup on the carpeted floor, feeling gravity pulling him faster to the floor, his chest squeezing in pain and his eyes shutting tightly..

He was about to scream in pain when he felt something as if being pulled from his body.. the pain vanished like it was never there in the first place and his strength returning..

He didn't move a muscle for a minute before he finally pulled himself up and sat back on the couch.. eyes flying straight to the older female..

"What did I just drink? What happened to me?"

"I gave you an antidote Jungkook."

His brows furrowed.

"Antidote for what?"

"To block your cat form from resurfacing. The very reason why you are forgetting Liliana is because you are slowly returning to being human but your memories with Liliana started when you were in your strongest hybrid form. Needless to say, you know her very well in your cat form but not when you are human.. It was your cat form that holds your memories.."

Jungkook froze.. Does this mean he failed again? Will it mean completely forgetting the love of his life? Roxelle with her eagle eyes scanned him from head to toe..

"You said you gave me an antidote.." he started after a few moment of silence but wasn't able to finish his sentence feeling a lump in his throat.

"An antidote to stop your cat form from taking over but would still be a part of you.." came her explanation and he just starred at her not really having any idea on what she is getting at..