the trial

your sister splashed out on the bottle

West Ham, or 'New Ham' as it was now being dubbed, had fallen into a state of chaos

West Ham, or 'New Ham' as it was now being dubbed, had fallen into a state of chaos. People weren't showing up for work, shops were being raided in broad daylight and crime had risen. No one was leading the town, the guard had tried and failed to make things better.

Clara and Harry had barely left his house. There was no point. Outside the house was just a hell hole and the inside was similar. Clara had only been in the Bingham house a handful of times before all of this and it was always immaculate due to the relentless cleaning by Harry's mother and sister. She had also found two more threatening notes both signed M, she decided against telling Harry abut the second one which was a direct threat to him.

Harry met Campbell every second day to pick up whatever drug he was on. It was getting worse, he was using more. Clara had started to notice. His eyes were red, always tired and just seemed like he was somewhere else mentally. She didn't know what to say to him about it so she just left it.

Gordie had looked further into Dewey and when he investigated his gun, he found traces of gunpowder which could only have come from a recently fired bullet. Grizz, Clark, Luke and Jason had raided the house that Dewey was in. They took him into custody in Luke's wine cellar as a makeshift jail. Dewey refused to eat, so the guard had taken drastic measures to force him to.

The time had come for Deweys trial. Helena had stepped up to the role as his attorney since no one else would. Allie would be the judge and Gordie would be the prosecutor.

The church was busy, just like the funeral, only days before. Harry and Clara sat at the back, behind Elle and Campbell.

Clara could see Kelly sitting at the front next to Gwen, Harry had told her how she came to see her when she was in the hospital. She hadn't talked to her since she woke up but she had said to herself that she would go up to her later and try to talk to her.

"A week before my sister died," Allie started, "I was complaining about how crazy it was that we had to take care of everything. You know, everything was our decision. And she was like, 'Really? Well, Alexander the Great conquered the whole world when he was our age. So...' Which was kind of annoying of her. Well... we own it all now. The good and the bad. And it's for real."

"This is the trial of Greg Dewey who is accused of the murder of Cassandra Pressman on the night of June 23rd," She said, introducing the case.

Gordie was the first to give evidence. He showed the bullet casings which were found near Cassandra's body. The headstamps on the casings matched the brand of gun that Dewey was hiding in his room. The evidence was piling up against him.

Helena then went on to ask Gordie some questions.

"Does this prove that Dewey's gun is the gun that shot Cassandra?"