Chapter Thirteen : Something Wrong

Hermione's P.O.V:

Draco led me downstairs to a door so grand it seemed to belong in a fairy tale castle. With a whisper of "Alohomora," the door swung open effortlessly, revealing a room bathed in soft, golden light. He then murmured "Lumos Maxima" before ushering me inside.

"Follow me," he said, his voice low and commanding.

"Where are we going?" I asked, curiosity piqued.

"Just step inside, Granger," he replied cryptically.

Reluctantly, I followed him into the room, feeling a mix of apprehension and intrigue. As I entered, I was met with a sight that took my breath away. The room was unlike anything I had ever seen before. It was spacious, yet cozy, adorned with elegant furnishings and delicate touches of luxury.

Draco strode confidently to a large closet and swung the doors open, revealing an array of exquisite dresses, bags, and shoes. I couldn't help but gasp at the sight.

"Choose one," he said, turning to me with an expectant look.

"But... these aren't mine," I stammered, feeling out of place amidst such opulence.

"And?" he replied, raising an eyebrow. "What does that matter?"

"They're too... extravagant," I murmured, feeling uncomfortable with the idea of wearing something so lavish.

"What's your favourite color?" he asked, his tone surprisingly gentle.

"Um, red," I admitted, feeling a flush rise to my cheeks.

"Ah, red," he mused, scanning the array of garments. "That'll be perfect for you."

"But, Malfoy, why do you think I would wear that?" I asked, bewildered by his insistence.

"Because I said so," he replied matter-of-factly.

"But I'm not wearing this," I protested, crossing my arms defiantly.

"You are," he asserted, his gaze unwavering. "I'm the one giving the orders, not you."

"You can't control me," I shot back, feeling a surge of frustration.

"Can't I?" he challenged, stepping closer until his presence felt suffocating.

"What's your problem with me, Malfoy?" I demanded, feeling a mixture of anger and confusion. "One moment you're... almost kind, and then you change, treating me like I'm beneath you. Why are you doing this?"

"Maybe because I love it," he whispered, his voice sending shivers down my spine. "I love seeing you suffer."

"I hate you," I spat, pushing him away before fleeing up the stairs.

As I collapsed onto my bed, tears welled up in my eyes. Why did he have this power over me? And why was I crying over him?