Chapter Two : Alone with the Mudblood

Draco's P.O.V:

My family, Bellatrix, and Voldemort, had entrusted me with a mission-to be alone with the Mudblood. The mere thought left a sour taste in my mouth, but I knew i could handle it. After all, I am Draco Malfoy.

"Don't be fooled by her, Draco," cautioned Bellatrix.

"We all know who she is," added my father, his tone dripping with disdain.

Curious, I asked, "How did you know?"

"It's obvious, isn't it?" replied Lucius, his arrogance on full display.

With a kiss on the cheek from my mother, I was left alone in the manor, the weight of the task ahead settling heavily upon me.

Hermione's P.O.V:

The manor felt eerily silent as everyone departed, leaving me alone with Malfoy. His presence filled the air with tension, a constant reminder of my captivity.

When he entered with a tray of food, I forced a polite "thank you," though the word tasted bitter on my tongue.

"Take it, Mudblood," he ordered, his disdain palpable.

But before he could leave, I mustered the courage to speak up. "Draco..."

He turned, his irritation evident in his demeanor. "What now?" he snapped.

"Could you please stay until I finish eating? I feel frightened being alone," I pleaded, hoping to appeal to any shred of humanity within him.

"Scared, Mudblood?" he sneered, his contemptuous tone cutting through the air.

"I am a human being , Malfoy. forget about the labels. I have feelings too " I implored, desperation creeping into my voice.

"You're nothing but a filthy Mudblood," he spat, his words a painful reminder of my worth in his eyes.

Despite his cruelty, I summoned the courage to confront him. "There are people who care about me. But how about you, Draco? You're nothing but a coward who derives pleasure from others' suffering while you, yourself, are nothing without the protection of your parents." I challenged, my voice quivering with emotion.

His reaction was swift and brutal-a slap across my cheek that sent shockwaves of pain coursing through me. As tears welled in my eyes, I realized the depth of his callousness.

"Don't speak to me like that, Mudblood," he warned, his voice laced with malice.

As I cradled my throbbing cheek, I wept silently, aching for the freedom that seemed increasingly elusive in the presence of such cruelty.