⭒10⭒

Courage is resistance to fear,
Mastery of fear, not absence of fear.
{Mark Twain}
___________________

The A5 paper was folded very neatly in half. I wondered what this could be. Did I accidentally take some paper from the hospital? Without thinking much I unfolded the paper.

My heart immediately sank down with my feelings of happiness. That cursed crown was engraved into the paper. Owning it. It left me paralysed and will probably leave me unable to sleep tonight.

Enjoying your big day Perra. I see you've been spoilt. Maybe I'll do the rotting part. Don't forget what I said putta. Run your mouth, and Ill have my sweet time killing everyone you know. Ciao.

My initial thoughts were how did this get inside my pocket? Was it at the hospital? But then I didn't have my coat on then. It must've been after hospital was over, because I'm 100 percent sure there was nothing in my pockets when I left the house.

Suddenly what happened in the bus rolled around my brain. The bus halting.

Someone bumping into me.

Glance at my pocket.

That cunning women!

She must've been the one who put this accursed note in my pocket. Oh Laila. How naive you are. You know nothing of the evil In this world.

Actually brain I do. You're literally me. Shut up and stop chastising me.

At this point I was going insane. I didn't even feel fear when I read the note, but more so a creepy feeling settling in my guts. This person can't be the mafia. I'm pretty sure, if they were they wouldn't be sending me notes like some long lost lover, but kill me. Right?

But then again, that symbol told me otherwise. Today, I will not fear anyone, especially not a flimsy note written on a piece of paper. And with that, my hands mustered the courage to rip apart the paper and put it in the bin, despite the slight worry edging around my heart.

I ignored it, just like the event In the bus and carried on doing my night time routine before finally landing in bed. I made sure to catch up on some emails and my family and friends back home before slowly drifting off to sleep.

The idea of staying at home tomorrow and not doing anything, literally, made me jubilant. My eyes closed shut, only opening after a good ten hours of sleep.

My blasted alarm goes off, walking me up from dreamland. It was a pretty good one too until I saw the face of the knight in shining armour, reaching me from vampites. It was the man Antoinette was conversing with at the hospital, and supposedly the man who was threatening me.

In that case, it wasn't a dream but a nightmare, where I had ended up catching feelings for him. Astaghfirullah. May that day never occur in reality.

I rubbed my eyes with my finger tips, trying to rid the itch. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before going downstairs and preparing breakfast for everyone. Whilst I was cutting the ingredients for the omelet, Lameesa walked into the kitchen, her hair defying gravity and her dressing gown placed on her body roughly.

I could tell it was one of those days.

She mumbled and grumbled something in spanish, leaning on the counter next to me.

"Wake up sleepy head. Rise and shine Lameesa" I tapped her head, making sure it's not hollow.

"It's not hollow. Alhamdulillah" I said cheekily, grinning at her scrunched up face.