Chapter 27 - Soulmate

(A/N) Hello peeps

I can't express how truly sorry I am this took so long, my mental health has took a turn for the worse since Christmas and I just haven't been motivated to write. I even couldn't bring myself to read anyone else's fanfics cause it got so bad. But now since I got it under control and I'm taking it one day at a time I can finally finished this book.

I think I'll be sticking to one shots after Soulmates is finished just so I don't disappoint all my readers when I go off the face of the earth again lol

____________________________________________

Now to recap in what has happened...

Luka finally had the courage to ask Marinette on a date and she accepts but when she encounters Adrien she can't seem to get the blonde off her mind. Luka sees that she's still not over him and decides to save himself from the heartbreak, only to get akumitized in the process.

Adrien tries to make things work with Kagami but realises Marinette is on his mind. He can't shake the feeling that seeing her with Luka made him feel something deep inside. Kagami notices his attention isn't on her but the girl she knew would one day claim his heart.

But before either one of them could do anything Adrien and Marinette are brought together by a string of fate tying them to their suppose Soulmate.

____________________________________________

The red string of fate, tied together to form one heart. It can tangle and stretch but will never break. No matter the time or the circumstances this cord will always be connected to your Soulmate.

Their other half.

Marinette was gaping at the boy in front of her, unable to form sentence. Her words always jumbled whenever she was faced with the reality of talking to Adrien and that didn't help her circumstances in this insance.

Luka had been right, all this time she was pining over the blonde they were actually destin to be together.

It shouldnt of been a surprise to her but facing it head on was a whole new level of shock she didn't think could be possible.

Adrien wasn't much better, although he didn't quite understand the meaning to this piece of fabric hanging off his pinky finger he was more so stunned at the fact that it lead him right to Marinette out of all people.

Not that it was a bad thing.

The rain danced lightly on top of them as they stood starting at each other in the alleyway.

Rain always had a way of bringing them closer together.

"A-Adrien!" Marinette managed to stutter out, fear now running through her mind. "No, no, no, no, no!" Her body slump to the ground, her hands grabbing at her hair as she panicked.

It didn't matter that the floor was wet from the rain as her clothes were already soaked from the trip to meet up with her Soulmate.

"Hey, hey." Adrien said soothly, coming down to her level and trying to pull her hands away from her head. "It's okay. Everything is going to be okay."