The Prince and the Practice Match Part 7

I will make chapters long once in a while

"This is ridiculous. After all their boasting, I thought they'd have some decent players." Coach Takeuchi crossed his arms over his chest. Hiroto heard his speech he can't help but sent him another of his piercing glares.

'You'll regret underestimating him, old man.'

"We'll see." Takeuchi turned towards Kise beside him. "You might be right. They're not just decent." Kise smirked, taking once glance at a certain orange-haired teen on the bench who caught his gaze and turned away with a huff. Kise blinked at the action. 'What did I do...?'

"Ouch..." Riko eyed their opponents' members and winced at how high their numbers are compared to theirs. But it was expected for a nationally strong team. Hiroto kept a close eye on the game as the whistle started to blow, signaling the start of the tip-off. Kagami jumped at an attempt to have the ball but the blue team got it first and it landed upon the hands of the other team's captain.

"One. Let's keep it up." The other team's captain raised a finger up while dribbling the ball. Hiroto smirked at the sight. So naïve.

In a flash, Kuroko went and smacked the ball right out of his hands. He looked shocked, turning over his shoulder in complete disbelief. Kuroko run towards the other side of the court, dribbling the ball.

"Where'd he come from?!" Kasamatsu cursed out loud and immediately caught up at the blue-haired teen.

'He's slow.' he thought with a smirk. Before he could steal the ball back, Kuroko, with a swift turn of his wrist, passed the ball at his back and into the hands of Kagami who caught the ball immediately, jumped and scored with an earthshaking dunk.

"All right!" Kagami cheered but then turned to see that he was holding the hoop in his hand. Hiroto can't help laugh at the sight.

"What? He destroyed the hoop!"

"You're kidding! I don't believe it!" Scandalized gasps and awed whispers are heard all around.

"That thing's dangerous. One of the bolts is rusted." Izuki eyed the broken hoop.

"Even so, that's not normal." Kasamatsu said disbelievingly.

"This thing is bigger than I thought." Kagami thoughtlessly said before he turned to Hiroto with a large grin, waving his hands enthusiastically.

"Hiro! Did you see that?!"

"Yes, yes." Good job, little tiger. Hiroto snickered at his behavior, amused. The others gaped at their interaction, the redhead looked like an energetic kid wanting to be praised by his parent and the orange-haired teen just went along with it.

Riko grabbed the redhead and Kuroko followed closely and said their apologies to Coach Takeuchi who looked like he was gonna blow up in irritation. Hiroto inwardly snickered; they look like they didn't sound sorry at all, it was obvious at the stupid smirk upon the Taiga's face.

"I'm sorry we broke your hoop. Since we can't play like this, could we use the full court?" Kuroko asked blankly, absolutely unfazed at the coach's angry countenance. The orange-haired Prince grinned devilishly at the look on the other Coach's face. Serves you right.

"Now, that's what you call a beating." Kise laughed as finally the full court is now ready to be used for their game, eying the destroyed hoop from a distance.

"Huh?" Kagami raised a brow at him.

"I've never seen the coach like that before." Kise smirked.

"Then you should tell him that's what he gets for underestimating us!"

"How much do you think a replacement hoop will cost?" Kuroko purposely let the redhead hear as he passed by him.

"Huh?! We have to pay for that? Hey, Kuroko!" Kagami turned to follow Kuroko, asking whether they really need to pay for that or not.

"Let the practice game resume." Kise was finally allowed in. He watched as he exchanged a few words with the others. Hiroto's musing is cut off when he heard the loud squealing of girls and turned to look at the entrance of the gym. A number of them waved and squealed for the blond model, and in return waved at them and got kicked by his captain for being so stupid. Hiroto sweat dropped at the scene. He thanked that Hyuuga doesn't do that to him, especially when he tend to get a lot of fan girls too. Anyway, it was time to focus on the game now.

"Quit waving to them! I'll hit you!" Kasamatsu growled at the blonde.

"Ouch, but you already hit me, Kasamatsu-senpai." Kise rubbed his back and whined at his senpai for hitting him. He ignored the blonds' whining and asked a much more of an important question.

"Do you understand what's going on, Kise? He didn't bother to lower his voice and continued. "Who the hell is number 10?" Hiroto perked up at the mention of the tiger's number. They really see Kagami as a threat now huh? Well, too bad Kagami is not the only threat in the team.

"In any case they gave us quite a greeting. It'd be rude if we didn't return the favor." Kise smirked and then the whistle blew, indicating that the game will finally resume.

Kasamatsu was dribbling the ball, as Kise effortlessly went pass Kagami's defense. Kasamatsu bounced the ball below Hyuuga's parted legs who marked him and it went immediately went into Kise's awaiting hands, jumping and effortlessly slamming an earthshaking dunk like Kagami did before that broke the other hoop. There was squealing again at the display the model portrayed, Kise hang on into the hoop before he let go, landing on his feet before went tumbling to the ground again as Kasamatsu's feet met his back.

"You idiot, I told you not to break it!" Kasamatsu chided the blond.

"Sorry!"

'He dunked that harder than I did.' Kagami eyed the creaking hoop, his red eyes met with the blonde's as he walked towards him.

'Imitating the move that Taiga used before…' Hiroto eyed the model's moves with calculating eyes. He only sees it once then he can totally make that same move but with much power. Imitation. Hiroto hid a knowing grin behind his hand.

"I can't say the same for girls, but I've never failed to return a favor on the court." Kise smirked arrogantly at the redhead. Kagami's split brows twitch at that and he grinned back.

"Bring it on!"

Hyuuga had the ball now, passing it off to Kuroko which the blue-haired teen swiftly passed into the hands of Kagami. Kaijou's captain stared at him again; he didn't notice him at all. Just who was he? Kagami instantly returned the favor and slammed another dunk into the hoop.

"Let's go all out!" he shouted and the rest of the team agrees. Kise's team can't help but get fired up at that too.